I need someone experienced for both of these.. if it's even possible..
This is a Washburn WG-208

1:
Can you tell the size whammy bar I need by looking at it?
I bought this guitar used not too far back, and it didn't come with a whammy bar, and I would like one.. Only problem is I don't know what kind it is, and Washburn has discontinued this model.

2:
I want to know what wood this is, if you could tell by looking at the grain. It's a light guitar, I'm starting to think it could be basswood but I'm not to sure.

(Please excuse the sheet thrown on there.)

Thanks for the help
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
are you serious? I've been googling it for the past hour and didn't find anything about the wood!

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
sweet, well thanks for that.

I'm thinking about modifying this guitar, would it be logical to put a floyd rose trem on this guitar? Also, how much would it cost? From the reviews I read from that page, the whammy bar is useless. I really like this guitar and would just like to upgrade it instead of get a new one.

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
sweet, well thanks for that.

I'm thinking about modifying this guitar, would it be logical to put a floyd rose trem on this guitar? Also, how much would it cost? From the reviews I read from that page, the whammy bar is useless. I really like this guitar and would just like to upgrade it instead of get a new one.

No, definitely not worth it at all. Not sure how much it would cost, but it'd be expensive and that's not very expensive guitar. Maybe even more than it's worth. You'd be better off to look at something like and Ibanez if that's what you want.
Yeah, not very cost effective to put an fr on there. OFR costs about $180 and the work to put it in will probably run you close to $150-$200 range. My advice is just buy a guitar with a floyd unless you can do the work of installation yourself.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar