Im about 3 days away from buying a strat and ive narrowed it down to SX from Rondo music. Now im Contemplating the Ash vs the Alder bodies. Can anyone make a testament to either? What is the tone difference?

Also some general question about thier strats:
1) Do the necks feel similar to Fenders?
2) How bad to the tuners suck

Also Is rondo closeing down?
I have a fender tele, strat, and this SX http://www.rondomusic.com/sstltd2.html

alder is lighter in weight, maybe brighter than ash, but I can't really tell, so hopefully someone else can answer you.

neck is a little fatter than a Fender, but not by much.

tuners are weak, not terrible - the cheap plastic nut is the only thing that sucks.
SRV R.I.P.
i have an SX tele, and its amazing...i would definetly put it up agianst a Fender Mexican or even the california'ns....i would suggest it...the tuners on mine are actually good. mine needs new strings...but other than that...top quality...

neck feels nice too!...i prefer it over my Schecter Omen 6..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Noooo no no... Ash is A LOT brighter than alder. In my opinion Ash bodies far outclass Alder. I find Ash much more 'lively' and Alder rather more muddy. Some people will argue that Ash is too twangy for their tastes. But, as with everything in the guitar world, it comes down to personal preference...

- Rich
Quote by Dookie_1988
Noooo no no... Ash is A LOT brighter than alder. In my opinion Ash bodies far outclass Alder. I find Ash much more 'lively' and Alder rather more muddy. Some people will argue that Ash is too twangy for their tastes. But, as with everything in the guitar world, it comes down to personal preference...

- Rich

Twangy is good.

Now i need to see if the SST LTD2 is worth the $40 extra price tag.
$40 is nothing. Just go for it, you'll regret not doing so when you see a mate has the slighty better version all for a few ales and a bottle of whiskey more.

- Rich
Quote by MrNick
Twangy is good.

Now i need to see if the SST LTD2 is worth the $40 extra price tag.

case (pretty good, actually), different inlays, and the flame maple neck.

quality of the guitar, I don't think is any different.
SRV R.I.P.
Maple fretboard is turning me off. i dont like how they feel. i prefer rosewoods. I'll just go with the other ash strat. $40 can get me a decent case and a cable. probably better that way when the guitar isnt going to be significantly better.
haha..i think maple is sooo much better than rosewood...but thats my opinion....

and, that 40 dollars you said....that isnt going to get you a decent case....much less a case and cable...

Quote by MrNick
Maple fretboard is turning me off. i dont like how they feel. i prefer rosewoods. I'll just go with the other ash strat. $40 can get me a decent case and a cable. probably better that way when the guitar isnt going to be significantly better.

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Deluxe-Molded-Electric-Guitar-Case-540105-i1150927.gc

that is the cheapest guitar case. and it is a piece of crap...they will not hold up....the cheapest case that would fit a strat is like 100+.

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums: