hey,

what do you think about the peavey 6505? is it basically the same as a 5150?

are they as good as people say?

thanks in advance
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Most people on this forum would lick its asshole if it had one.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
For metal its truly amazing. Very very similar to the 5150.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
are the 6505+ just as good or not?

what are the best prices for the heads?
as they seem very expensive
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
similar to the 5150 but with nicer cleans esp on the 6505+ version

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
similar to the 5150 but with nicer cleans esp on the 6505+ version

Wrong.

The 5150 and the 6505 are the same amp. Just as the 5150II and the 6505+ are the same amp. Just different name coz of EVH.

They're great if you want a raw metal tone, and aren't bothered about cleans which are alright, but nothing special. The + has slightly less gain but the cleans are nicer.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I think there very similiar to the 5150 but have some differences in electronics
are they worth the price then?

thanks everyone
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
are they worth the price then?

thanks everyone

Definatly. Especially if you can pick one up used.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
5150=6505
5150II=6505+
same amps, different name.
the 5150 and 6505 have a tad more gain
the + version has seperate eq and slightly better cleans.
just got with the normal 6505/5150, no one buys a 6505 expecting cleans anyway
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by jambi_mantra
Wrong.

The 5150 and the 6505 are the same amp. Just as the 5150II and the 6505+ are the same amp. Just different name coz of EVH.

They're great if you want a raw metal tone, and aren't bothered about cleans which are alright, but nothing special. The + has slightly less gain but the cleans are nicer.

Hes not wrong, they did change it slightly. T

Anyways, i have the 6505+, the thing rocks, its a not BS amp, jsut straightforward raw tone. Wont cover your mistakes though thats for sure. You would love it for any type of metal.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
lets say if i could get the 6505 head and cab for £880 used, would be a good deal?
just one problem... its in scotland

Thanks everyone
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by dcdossett65
Hes not wrong, they did change it slightly.

Apart from aesthetics, name, and valves, no they didn't.

Anyway, great for metal.
The + version has a negligible amount of less gain and SLIGHTLY nicer cleans because they have an extra preamp valve, meaning more headroom. They also have an extra EQ which is VERY useful if you don't ONLY use loads of gain. The cleans are not good, no, but they're perfectly acceptable for the genres you'd use them for.

edit: ^ Not bad - you can pick up used 5150 combos for £500-£700 on eBay usually, so use that as your own reference point as to if you think it's worth it

edit: I didn't see that you're getting a cab as well - the 6505 cabs aren't that good but the pair for £800 is pretty good.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
lets say if i could get the 6505 head and cab for £880 used, would be a good deal?
just one problem... its in scotland

Thanks everyone

That's a great deal if you can do it.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
That's a great deal if you can do it.

i cant, its paypal only, and its for local collect only

Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by jambi_mantra
Wrong.

What he said. Pretty much everyone says they're the exact same amps, except for stock tubes maybe. What was changed then?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Yngwi3
Apart from aesthetics, name, and valves, no they didn't.

Anyway, great for metal.
The + version has a negligible amount of less gain and SLIGHTLY nicer cleans because they have an extra preamp valve, meaning more headroom. They also have an extra EQ which is VERY useful if you don't ONLY use loads of gain. The cleans are not good, no, but they're perfectly acceptable for the genres you'd use them for.

edit: ^ Not bad - you can pick up used 5150 combos for £500-£700 on eBay usually, so use that as your own reference point as to if you think it's worth it

edit: I didn't see that you're getting a cab as well - the 6505 cabs aren't that good but the pair for £800 is pretty good.

diff tubes can make a huge diff sound wise tho

Quote by mohawkkidJohn
actually from my exp. i have noticed that the 6505+ has better cleans then the 5150 but maybe that was just the amps i played. there is such a large range of difference between the peavey products ive played(even from the same run of the amp) IMO peavey are a little bit to lax on product quality

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Could've been the tubes, the cabinets, the guitars...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Could've been the tubes, the cabinets, the guitars...

no the only variable was the head so the only one it could have been was tubes or amp itself

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life