I'm in desperate need for a new amp, but I don't have much knowledge on different brands. My budget is around $800. I want an amp that is useable live (for small gigs), and it does not need to be a half stack. I also want an amp that is very versatile. I mostly play Hard Rock, Progressive- and Thrash Metal. Stuff like Mr. Big, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Metallica and Dio.

Second handed or new, it really doesn't matter. I want the best for the money!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
You may be able to find a JSX used.

Or... A randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I say Randall. Maybe you can find a 2-channel amp with the preamp module feature (unsure of the model name atm). Perhaps you can get a used 5150/6505, Laney VHT, or something like that.
@gotsa1998: it's MTS series RM100

i'll say save the money and try to run amp/cabinet emulation on your pod. It's decent
B-52 AT112...Its versital with great cleans and a face melting gain channel. I was looking for the same thing as you with the same budget and I found what I was looking for in the B-52.
I found this: Vox AD100VTH 100W (half stack) to $700 *new*, Epiphone So Cal 50W (half stack) to $700 *used*, and a Hughes & Kettner Vortex 100W (half stack) to $600 *used*. Are they any good?

Thanks for all the replies so far!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Sorry for the thread bumping

I'm still in desperate need for a new amp, and I found some ok prices in my last post, I need to know if one of these amps will do good for my needs!
C4C
(or in my profile!)