I am in the market for an intermediate amp. I have a 15W Cube, but am looking for something that would be good to play around on, possibly use to write, etc.

I was thinking something around $300, and not too heavy, in case I want to go jam with a buddy or two. Also, loud enough for said jam sessions.

I really liked the Vox Valvetronix, tonewise, but the effects are somewhat confusing to dial-in. Granted, given time I could, but I just want to plug and play.

After researching the Fender Super Champ, I think it would do okay. The cleans sound good, which is what I'll be using mostly. Also, the effects are pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad either.

Are there any building issues, or electrical issues, or anything like that?

Also, it says that it uses a 12AX7 and 2 6V6's. So, is it a tube? or are the 6V6's used in pre-amp, thus making it SS?
the first channel is full tube the second channel is hybrid i believe

its better than a vox

people will tell u to get a full tube but i think there just as good as full tubes in that price range
so first channel is cleans, and the second channel is the pre-amp modelling?

Also, can the LINE OUT be used as a headphone jack or no?

And the jack for the FOOTSWITCH, that's for channel select, right?

Also, these are better than a Valvtronix, right?
Quote by neptune1988
Also, can the LINE OUT be used as a headphone jack or no?

I was just looking at this. If you attach a small headphone amplifier (google c-moy) to the line-out, you can use headphones with it. If you plug headphones straight into that jack youll damage the headphones.

Also, unfortunatly, it seems the line-out takes a purely digital modelling signal (i think!). It doesnt use any of the tubes.
I was seriously considering the Vibro champ untill I realised this.

Though if someone else can confirm for 100% that the line-out uses the pre and power tubes that would be cool.
I use an epiphone Lucille thru mine all the time. Cleans are really nice and warm very fenderish. Some useable distortions, effects are ok nothing to brag about. With a speaker change this thing could be really nice. Used it as a preamp one time sounded pretty nice. It is what it is a nice little amp for the money.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Sounds great from the demos on youtube.
The first channel seems very nice, and the versatility of the amp models would be useful too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Really good bang for the buck. The line out can be sent to a pa or amplifier.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd