I was wondering what scales where used in the solos of MoP.

The part before the main solo where the clean part is played, and theres the slow solo over it.
And the main solo.
Em pentatonic one would assume, it is Metallica after all.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by rich_sg
Em pentatonic one would assume, it is Metallica after all.

Of course. I'm not sure about specifics, but it's in E Minor if that helps TS.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by grimms
I was wondering what scales where used in the solos of MoP.

The part before the main solo where the clean part is played, and theres the slow solo over it.
And the main solo.

I might have read something in a tab book mentioning the Spanish phyrigian scale for the slow interlude but I'm not too sure.

EDIT: If it's in E minor then the relative phrigian would be B, so the B spanish phrygian scale would be ... B C D# E F# G A#

Remember that the scale isn't set in stone, it's set in mud so it can be changed up a little to fit the song better.
Last edited by pwrmax at Jun 5, 2008,
The slow solo is predominantly in E minor with a bit of E harmonic minor, the fast solo is also E minor in most places but then just turns pretty chromatic
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Some kind of minor pentatonic.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
g major aka e minor is right (penta or the full scale)
theres a few chromatic parts but thats not alot
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.