Not sure if this is in the right section but does anybody know how to make backing tracks, I have the following software "guitar pro 5" and "SONAR 6 Producer Edition" I have read it can be done with this software but I not sure how, also what plug-ins would I need to load my MP3 files.
when I do backing tracks I start from the ground up recording drums first...then learning/recording the guitar and other parts.

BTW if you need a backing track and cant find one I can try to make one for you.

as for GP5 and Sonar 5 producer, both are just recording programs. Sonar is more geared towards audio and then GP is geared mostly for MIDI and guitar.

If you want to make backing tacks using audio you would not even need Sonar. A free or cheap program such as Reaper would work very well.
Sonar is a high end program and takes a while to learn it. I dont suggest it for beginners.

BTW I use Sonar 7 producer (I started learning on version 6) and so I know how many features and such it offers as well as how much time it takes to learn.
Ive been running on Sonar for about 1 year now and still have not learned the whole program yet.
All I want is basically is take the guitar out of certain MP3 songs I've got, such as sex pistols etc, so I can play along to them, what software would you recommend for doing that?
Just download the guitar pro tabs for the song and play along with it. You could even export it as MIDI and maybe burn it to a disc [is that possible?] if you wanna play it somewhere else.

Ohh I know what you wanna do. I have no idea how to do it but I've seen people do it [like when they took the vocals off Crank That to put the screaming ones in?]
yea you would either need the original filee which is probably a ProTools
or
you can try download the MIDI version of the song, import it to a program such as Sonar, then work with it making it audio once again.

theres also sites out there that will sell songs without an instrument or two in them...
Quote by Demonology
Just download the guitar pro tabs for the song and play along with it. You could even export it as MIDI and maybe burn it to a disc [is that possible?] if you wanna play it somewhere else.

Ohh I know what you wanna do. I have no idea how to do it but I've seen people do it [like when they took the vocals off Crank That to put the screaming ones in?]

you mean that stupid Crank That Soulja Boy song?

They didn't take off the vocals, there is an instrumental track for that.. it's very hard to take out vocals and have it sound completely normal since usually bass and drums go with them somewhat.

To take out a guitar in an already finished track is pretty hard to do, if you're not recording then just google backing tracks for the songs you want.. or just play along with the guitar on the track.. what's wrong with that? :X