hey, im debating between a Vox AD100VT or the AD100VTXL and i see there just basically different amp models on the xl, but im not sure which is better, at guitar center they dont have the XL to try, so anybody got any suggestions or which do you prefer

thanks ur help is greatly appreciated
If you are going balls out on an amp like that, don't get the valvetronix. Since you are looking at the XL, I'm going to assume you want a metal amp. In that case, a Bugera combo, or a Valveking combo.
well im not all into metal, i like some metal, i wouldnt mind playing it, but im more rock/classic rock and stuff, so im not really sure, the XL has different models and since no stores near me have one to play i dont really no if i will like it that much, are the models really different on the XL compared to the original?

i want both clean and distorted
So you want a versatile amp.

Budget and planned usage?
yeah, im planin on using it for maybe just alone practices or band practices, and maybe some live shows at like restaurants or stuff

im tryin my best to keep it under $600, thats my goal, to keep it under $600, id prefer to get it 500 or under though, but id consider under 600
You can get a Peavey Classic 30 for under six hundred, and I think maybe under five.

One of those should cover what you need.
o well from what i remember Peavey and distorition didn't werent always a good combo, they were more just plain clean, but i want like some distortion, thats why i was lookin at the vox cause it had clean and distortion and many other models
Quote by RobDaBomb
o well from what i remember Peavey and distorition didn't werent always a good combo, they were more just plain clean, but i want like some distortion, thats why i was lookin at the vox cause it had clean and distortion and many other models

If you don't like peavey tube distortion, you are insane. They are the makers of two of the most popular metal amps, the Valveking and the 6505. The Classic is the one that is more classically voiced, with nice cleans.
you sure about the peavey, it just have as much effects i would of hoped and i also was lookin for more watts then 30, just because i dont wanna have to use mics or a PA system, and the higher watts are way out of my budget
It's 30 watts RMS. That means it has 30 watts of clean headroom. At full capacity, it runs about 90 watts. If that ain't enough, you can get a used Classic 50.

The effects on the Valvetronix are not footswitchable. Means you probably won't use anyones other than the reverb and chorus, and maybe the tremolo.

100 watts is a waste. I play my AD50 at restaurants and with drummers, and it clears with room to spare.