hi,

wich one is more appropriate for playing metalcore / post-hardcore?
the squier vintage modified p-bass or the jazz bass?
probably P bass for heavy stuff

but consider the jazz if you can see yourself getting more diverse in the future
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i was thinkin this earlier, i mean not this genre, but the P or J argument, cpet im lookin at the MIM fender models, which you probs should too
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
dude, stay away from the squire crap, save your pennies and buy a good guitar. at least if you wanna trade it someday you'll get more than 15 bucks for it
Quote by danny_plantain
squire crap

not quite, the VM series is great, and the new classic vibe P and J's look lush
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
For metalcore and post hardcore you may want to look into something else. Maybe ESP or Ibanez? I dont know really, i'm no expert on basses.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Get an Ibenez, if your planing on playing alot of metalcore with it! I'd say probly one from the ATK series, though if you want something cheaper some of the lower priced 'Sound Gear' models sound pretty sweet!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by danny_plantain
dude, stay away from the squire crap, save your pennies and buy a good guitar. at least if you wanna trade it someday you'll get more than 15 bucks for it

lol

TS: I read reviews in guitarist magazine on both thise bases and it said they were really good. However, their sutability for metalcore, I am unsure of...
Quote by danny_plantain

The Squier crap argument isn't valid in this case. Both of the Bass guitars the OP mentioned are very good.