OK, so I am new into delays, and I don't know very much about them!
I know that digital delays have more delay time and that analog delays have better tone quality, but that's it!

I need a delay that is good for solo, thats all!I'm thinking into buying a MXR Carbon Copy, if I decide that I want analog delay, or Digitech Digi Delay, if I decide to go digital!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank!
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Here is a good read:

Analog, Digital, Tape, or Modeled...What Kind of Delay Should I Buy???
David Szabados

When shopping for delay boxes, it seems that there are many more different options today than ever before. The vintage market is still booming, and prices of basic analog delay boxes reflect this trend with skyrocketing prices. But are the old analog delays worth the hype? Counter that trend with digital delays, the very cool must-have tools back in the ‘80s. Nowadays, digital delays in the used market can be found at true bargain prices. But what about this talk about them being sterile and lifeless?

With regards to making a purchase for a new delay unit in the market today, all types including analog, digital, tape, and modeled are available. Modeling has received a lot of attention in particular, mostly because of amp-modeling amplifiers, but now delay modeling units are available that boast the ability to produce all of the greatest classic and modern delay effects in one convenient and affordable package. Can they really do it or is this again just “marketing talk” from the companies themselves?

Finally, for the purist, there’s the famous tape delay. Tape delays are the “original” echo box, and the earliest models incorporate tubes and are quite collectible and expensive. In addition, parts are scarce and these old tape delays can be tempermental as well as noisy. A few companies have recognized this and have recreated replicas of these original tape delays, promising good quality as well as the ability to faithfully recreate the tape echo sound.

With all these options, the obvious question comes to mind: which delay type is best? Is it the vintage tape delay because it is the most costly in this group?

My personal philosophy is that there is no “best” from this group of four delay types. It really comes down to personal preference because each delay acts and sounds differently. Based on this thought, I thought it would be best to have a sort of “primer” to discuss how each of these different delays work and sound.

For the rest of article...
http://www.legendarytones.com/delayroundup.html
The Carbon Copy is a very digital sounding delay IMO, so I would just go with the Digitech.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I have a thread with some info on analog/digital delays. Maybe a DD-3, or DD-6 if you're feeling saucy.
Thanks, "damnedone"!
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez