I have this guitar in black finish.

I was wondering how close each of the pickups should be to the stings, because ive tinkered with them and i don't really know wat's best.

Any input on this subject is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
It doesn't really matter where you put the pickups. It depends on what you think sounds best.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by clsscrckr91
It doesn't really matter where you put the pickups. It depends on what you think sounds best.

+1

you adjust the height based on the sound, you want both pickups to be the same volume for starters. Also if you have the pickups too close you'll lose sustain, but too far away and you'll obviously lose a bit of output. If they're really close then you'll actually get interference from the magnetic field...as a rough starting point around 3mm for the bridge pickup and 6mm for the neck pickup, measure the height of the fretted string above the pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If your action teeters on the brink of good vs bad, and you put your pickups too close to the strings they (the magnets) will pull the strings and they will be a problem. If your action isn't teetering, it doesn't matter as long as your strings don't hit the magnets when you're playing your high frets. It will change your tone.
it's personal preference and how you prefer your tone. For instance, Paul Gilbert plays with his pickups really high, but Yngwie Malmsteen has his almost flush with the guitar (which is how i personally prefer it.