I just got this guitar less than a month ago, I've noticed a few things about it. The most annoying thing about it by far is it has TERRIBLE sustain, even with a brand new amp. My Epiphone SG has better sustain than the KH does! I bet even my first axe I ever owned would put it to shame. I'm just wondering if any of you have had the same problems I've had with this guitar.

1. Terrible sustain

As soon as I hit a note with some virbrato it dies a very early death, the note rings out for like 4-6 seconds, and when I get a pinch harmonic in there with some virbrato it dies even faster than that.

2. Fret buzz

I do a fair bit of finger picking, when ever I'm plucking notes on the low E or the A I get unwanted fret buzz. It's worse when I finger pick, but it's still there even when I'm picking with a pick.

I'm sure there's a lot of factors that contribute to these problems, I just don't know what they are but I plan to find out. I'm just seeing maybe if it's just the way the guitar is made, hence seeing if people have had similar problems with this particular model. Or if mine might just might not be up to par with the rest of them.The one I have has ESP pick ups in it. Mind you I like this guitar, it stays in tune beautifully, the locking trem is a blast to play with, the neck feels great, it plays good, and it looks good. So, anyone else having/had these problems with this guitar?
try replacing the battery, it does have an EMG 81 set doesnt it? that would help improve the sustain

as for fret buzz, change the strings and adjust your action

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ha, I played the Grassroot's version (Precursor to the LTD series) and it was ok.
Might be your particular guitar.
Quote by Ghold125
The 202's don't have active emg's, only the 402's and above. X(

ah

i just checked, it has ESP made ones...

that could be your problem, that and its right at the bottom of the chain

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah. Definitely get some new pickups for that axe. I have the 202 also, and I put Duncan blackouts in mine.

81/85 set would also be good in there. If you want passive pickups (cheaper, easier to install), go for a Seymour Duncan SH-6 bridge pickup, and SH-2n neck pickup. Great combo, very versatile.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."