so yesterday i went to wal-mart (ew) and saw these magnetic therapy bracelets that supposedly help severe headaches, joint pain, and swelling. it's was only four dollars, and since im constantly having bad headaches, decided to get one. i've gone all day today without a headache, which hasn't happened in 3 weeks.

now i'm not sure if it actually works, or it's simply the placebo effect.
does anybody have any knowlege or comments of this?

post away.
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
placebo? i'm guessing it's placebo.

edit: you'd need a control in the experiment to see if it actually works
Google magnasleep.

Its a magnetic underlay for your bed that they make in NZ. Thousands swear by them, try it out.
sounds like placebo, but there's a chance it does I suppose
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
you're a witch!
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Are you taking obecalp too?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by strat335
placebo?

the placebo effect is like when your brain tricks itself into thinking something.
like say you had one glass of wine and you really wanted to be drunk then you could trick yourself into thinking you were and you'd act like it...
that was a lame example but all i can think of right now
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
There is a popular one on the shopping network or something called the Q-ray and a bunch of athletes swear by it and stuff, I don't know if I actually believe them either but at least the bracelet is flashy.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by XcadeyX
the placebo effect is like when your brain tricks itself into thinking something.
like say you had one glass of wine and you really wanted to be drunk then you could trick yourself into thinking you were and you'd act like it...
that was a lame example but all i can think of right now

thanks, i'm familiar with the placebo effect, I just posted awkwardly
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
you're a witch!

I'd say it was likely to be placebo, but then our brains do have some sort of electromagnetism in them right?
i'd have to say placebo
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
A lot of old people with arthritis swear by them
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
They did this on a show called myth busters.for 4-5 ppl, it's a placebo affect. so it probably is for u
I wear one of the bracelets for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I didn't believe it would work, but I haven't taken the bracelet off in 5 months ( and I absolutely hate wearing jewelery, even watches.), it has worked great. My hands rarely go numb anymore and I rarely get any pain.

For a placebo to work, you would have to have faith in it, which I didn't, so I don't believe it is a placebo. Many other people in my family also swear by the bracelets.
BLASPEMY! ....
Honestly though it is a placebo
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.