I just bought a used USA Fender today for $675 flat. The guy at the music store said it had a "blonde" finish and this was pretty hard to come by. I was just curious how accurate this is, and if anybody can provide further details. Thanks!
^ not neccessarily

ok, got any pics?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
an old highway 1?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
@tryhonesty - they retail new for $1000, this is in mint condition

In person I can clearly say its NOT olympic white.
I took a picture but you can't really see it well. It looks almost like marble. Like the top layer of paint is clear, its really glossy.

It looks like it might be an Arctic White. It could be a Vintage White but it would probably have a bit color to it. I can't really see grain in there so I don't think it could be a Blonde finish per say.
Quote by Wakisazhi
It looks like it might be an Arctic White. It could be a Vintage White but it would probably have a bit color to it. I can't really see grain in there so I don't think it could be a Blonde finish per say.

Yeah, I mean like I said the picture doesnt show it. In person I clearly see a "marble like" finish. Its not a solid color. Ill try to get a better picture.
Quote by tryhonesty
first thing, u got ripped off. I got a usa fender for 350$

i think you got ripped off because yours is probably a mexican strat (not that its bad or anything, i have one). Unless the american you got was old and broken, theres no way you got a new or semi-used american strat for $350.
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
The color is Blonde no question. The color was named after Phyllis Fenders hair color. It was supose to match it, G&L guitars have a "Phyllis Blonde" model available paying tribute to the Fender Model.

As to whether you got ripped off or not, you should be worried about that before you pay. It would seem you payed a fair price for the guitar, it just depends on how much you like the guitar.
The definition of a good deal is did you receive the product or service you desired at a price you were willing to pay. Did you get a good deal??

This was taken off the G&L web site fyi;

The limited edition “Blondie” was created by the G&L Custom Creations Department as a tribute to the woman who promised Leo Fender that she would do her best to ensure he would remain proud of G&L Guitars. To honor Phyllis, Leo, and all the musicians that love Leo’s legacy, the “Blondie,” Leo’s loving nickname for Phyllis, was created. Every detail of the guitar is a nod to Phyllis, from the Pearl pickguard and tuning pegs to the matching pearl rear cover, the “Blondie” reflects Phyllis’ own unique blend of elegance and grace. Only 100 of these collector’s edition guitars were crafted."Leo's instruments bring smiles to musicians, and The Smile Train brings smiles to children," said Phyllis Fender. “For children afflicted with a cleft lip and palate, The Smile Train is a gift from God, an opportunity for them to live full and normal lives.”
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by telemonster at Jun 5, 2008,
i'm still guessing highway one. honey blonde. for two reasons.

the old highways had a strange finish.
and
it's mexican parts, assembled in america, so the serial number says american, but they are cheaper used.

look at ur serial number.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Hi. Thanks for the responses guys.

Yeah, I felt it was a good price even for an American Standard in as great as condition as it was, with or without the blonde finish. The blonde finish was just a bonus.

My serial number is an N9xxxxxxx, which on Fender's website says american. The neck says Made in U.S.A.

Anyways thanks for confirming this is blonde, its cool to know.

I've wanted an american strat for quite some time now, and I love the way they play, and I did test this out in the store etc before I bought it, just to be clear.

Thanks again guys!

EDIT: Okay here is the exact serial number on the head: N9394299
Last edited by franzferdinand1 at Jun 5, 2008,
It looks like Malmsteen's strat, but his is called Arctic White or something along those lines.
does it have a thick headstock? just wondering.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Just another note, I took off the backplate when I was restringing it and the number 12 was written in marker, so I'm guessing that means 12/100.
you may have gotten a steal of a deal if it is a rare guitar as such.

is there a 12/# on it, or can you do research on the product?
Quote by pacoasterrider
you may have gotten a steal of a deal if it is a rare guitar as such.

is there a 12/# on it, or can you do research on the product?

Hmm I don't remember it saying 12/# just 12. It was about 7 hours ago when I restrung it. I will be able to check tommorow morning. I'm pretty confident it just said "12" on it in like a red marker. Maybe I can call fender customer service, give them the serial, and ask them at some point tommorow. (this is behind the backplate, I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't taken it off to restring).
Quote by Vasser

thats a similar color, but its lacking the marble.

nope it's not. the one yngwie has is a cream coloured . the threadstarter has the blonde finish , it's like a see thru version of white . cool stuff
I called fender they said that it is "White Blonde" and he was unable to pull up a production number.
'Aged white' perhaps? I've seen it on a few strats, sort of replicates an old olympic finish. Not sure what you mean about marbling tho, got any pics?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
'Aged white' perhaps? I've seen it on a few strats, sort of replicates an old olympic finish. Not sure what you mean about marbling tho, got any pics?

Yeah I called fender and they confirmed it is an American Standard with a "white blonde" finish. The pics dont really show the marble, but it looks marbley, you can like see through the white and marble under it. Its hard to describe.
Hmm sounds interesting. Try asking on the fender forums, they'll probably be able to tell you more Have you tried emailing fender directly?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Hmm sounds interesting. Try asking on the fender forums, they'll probably be able to tell you more Have you tried emailing fender directly?

Good idea. I haven't tried e-mailing fender directly either yet.