Some old dude gave me an old Electrohome Homestead TR50 stereo amp in a very nice wooden cabinet

I was wondering what these things are

Can anyone help?
vacuum tubes?

if not:
its a stereo amp, and i dont think its tube. dont plug a guitar into it; just use it as a hifi if it works

EDIT:had to get it out they are filter caps....my bad
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
vacuum tubes?

if not:
its a stereo amp, and i dont think its tube. dont plug a guitar into it; just use it as a hifi if it works

EDIT:had to get it out they are filter caps....my bad

I was wondering how long it took for someone to say that Well whether it works or not it looks great.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
It works fine but I am trrying to figure out why only the left side of the speakers are working btw they are 10" Jensens
Quote by gilbeaux1983
so it is a solid state amp!?

idk, but thats a quote from a different thread thats pretty famous on UG, if theres tubes in it =, its obviously tube- so if u found tubes, its tube! that got repetitve

EDIT: blown speaker maybe? if not, check the connections, somthing could be loose
hope u can get it to work that thing looks great
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Jun 5, 2008,
Those are filter caps, nice ones as well.

Probbly a tube amp.

If you plan on using the amp probbly a good idea to replace those caps. They are probbly dried out by now.
I don't see tubes anywhere, at first I thought those cap things had tubes in them but I now know what they are So I guess it is a SS amp.

It still works I am just trying to figure out why only the left side of the speakers are working.
I have something just like it at my house. When only one side or the other works its usually time to make a cabinet out of it. One I have my mother got for 10 bucks at a yard sale it works in stereo but only as long as you want to play records or listen to the radio. RCA jacks for extra inputs werent a big thing back then.