Hey, i am wondering what i should practice next. Right now i am good with powerchords, i can do Chords too and barre. Also, i can do a minor pentatonic on my whole guitar. Thanks for the advices

Tapping, hammer-ons, pull-offs. Just watch professional guitarists perform and find something they can do that you can't and then learn it.
Quote by Bloodycrass
Hey, i am wondering what i should practice next. Right now i am good with powerchords, i can do Chords too and barre. Also, i can do a minor pentatonic on my whole guitar. Thanks for the advices

just out of curiousity when did you start playing?
Quote by Bloodycrass

Learn new scales minor pentatonic is just a tiny drop in a huge ocean of scales.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
learn the phyrgian dominant scale--- best scale in my book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_dominant_scale

also, learn harmonics (natural and artificial), legato (hammer ons/pull offs/trills [a trill is essentially hammer-ons and pull-offs put together e.g. the trooper]), and get you picking techniques down (alternate, downpicking, economy)
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Last edited by Colton165 at Jun 5, 2008,
Yeah, scales would be a very good place to go. Hammer-ons and pull-offs are also important.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
palm muting.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
how bout major scale? Idk what music you play but a lot of what I play utilizes the major scale...learn how to hammer on and pulloff, bend, etc...theory and technique go hand in hand, in the end you need both
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"