when you sweep pick what is the motion of the hand that should be used?

i was looking for guitar lessons in how to do rolling sweeps and i saw a few videos and a question that came to mind what is the right motion of the hand when you sweep pick

i use my wrist kind like a strumming motion when i sweep pick but i seen a few people that they just keep their hand still and pick in certain postion and their push their hand through the strings

so what is the right way or most efficient way to sweep pick

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
just kind of let your hand 'fall' using gravity, with minimum force applied, also be sure that all the notes you pick are of equal value. as for the rolling of the left hand, i find the middle and ring fingers more efficient. try as many different patterns as you can, while not practicing too fast. also, remember to use a metronome
http://www.insaneguitar.com/mc/sweeping.html
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I'm still tying to master the technique, but I usually keep my wrist stiff if the sweeps go both directions instead of just sweeping one way along the strings. If its just one sweep in a single direction, I kinda treat it like a strum like you mentioned.
also be sure that all the notes you pick are of equal value

this is something im confused as well does the pick angle change or is it constant when you sweep pick?

for example i have my pick a little slanted but when i bring it up have to change angle a little if not pick would get stuck in strings
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I use my arm for movement when sweeping 4, 5 or 6 stringers. My wrist for 3 or 2. Your pick should point "away" from the direction you're sweeping. If I'm sweeping downwards, I'll point my pick upwards towards my face, and vice versa. It doesn't need to be angled all that much, just enough to make it sound smooth.
I play it (them?) like strumming a chord, but slowed down- so instead of the individual wrist flicks you get when playing single notes, it is a continuous movement with the wrist and fingers held rigged (for smaller sweeps, as Avedas said, you may use your wrist to get the movement over all three strings instead of your arm). Using your wrist is fine, but changes the angle at which the plectrum is hitting the strings so you my not get the tone you want. Using your arm maintains the angle of the plectrum on all of the strings.