Hi i just got a 6 string Ibanez BTB a couple of weeks ago and it is beautiful and sounds great. But i havent really been getting that special tone, so can anyone help with what effects i should boost and stuff like that ? thanks.
mess with it yourself.

if you want just some pointing in a good direction, what do you want to sound like?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Humanity is right, be more specific. The EQ is the best way to find the tone you want, effect pedals are more for specific sounds in certain situations odds are you will never play with any effect on all the time. For a smooth tone cut the mids and have the highs and lows about even, tone knob pretty low. For punch boost mids and turn knob high, also depends on what style you play and what techniques you use.
Quote by the humanity
mess with it yourself.

if you want just some pointing in a good direction, what do you want to sound like?

well i kind of like fleas sound, also i like to turn up my lo and hi's and turn my mid all the way down to get that neat slappy sound, i also hate down tunning
learn to slap a little extra hard, then try to get a good punch, this would be found in the Hi-mids. so crank those a little extra and play just over the bridge pickup.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
learn to slap a little extra hard, then try to get a good punch, this would be found in the Hi-mids. so crank those a little extra and play just over the bridge pickup.

i do everything right exept slapping hard. for that i will just have to practice, but thanks for the pointers
Quote by Taygunov
well i kind of like fleas sound, also i like to turn up my lo and hi's and turn my mid all the way down to get that neat slappy sound, i also hate down tunning

Yeah... About that. Scooping mids too much is never good. It kills you in the band and kills your kittens.
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jun 7, 2008,