Alright, so I actually had a thread about this about a month ago so if anything, this is a final check before I buy.

I play mostly metal, though I still want respectable cleans. I've been looking to overhaul my gear for a while to suit metal and I just wanted to see if this sounded good. Currently I have an American Fender Strat and a Mesa Boogie F-30. Oh, and a Boss Metalzone but that doesn't count . I'm pretty set on getting a Schecter Hellraiser for my guitar (I found one for $400 which seems like a pretty good deal to me and it'll come with a case.) However, I am also looking to get an overdrive pedal and an eq pedal. I'm thinking about getting a Maxon OD808 and a MXR M-108 10 band. I found the maxon for $85 and the 10 band for $100. Are these good enough deals to warrant buying these or should I be looking for other guitars/pedals? Thanks in advance for your time and help.
GMO INC.
Sounds quite decent.
Not a fan of that maxon however.
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Quote by DinkyDude
Sounds quite decent.
Not a fan of that maxon however.

Whats wrong with it?
GMO INC.
Yeah, those are pretty good choices but not all people need EQ pedals.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Those are pretty decent pedals. For those prices, I'd definitely pick them up. If you were to increase your budget buy about 50 dollars for each item though, things would change a bit. If that's all you're willing to spend, it's a great deal, but there's better ones out there for not too much more.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Nice selection. You'll be happy with those. I also recommend a noise supressor.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Nice selection. You'll be happy with those. I also recommend a noise supressor.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an ISP Decimator, but would I really need a noise gate if I was only running an overdrive and an eq?
GMO INC.
Depends on how much gain you use, but both the od and the eq boost the signal (or parts of the signal in the eq's case) and will introduse a bit of hiss into your sound. It's recommended you get on just on the basis that you'll be playing metal, but you should see if you need one first. Just get everything you want to get and see if it's too much noise or not for you. If so, get one. If not, save the cash.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar