I don't understand - you'll need to replace whatever you take out

If you're asking suggestions, I guess I'd say pickup (do you have the 90?) and caps. I don't think swapping pots will really add anything for you.
Quote by guitar/bass76
I don't understand - you'll need to replace whatever you take out

If you're asking suggestions, I guess I'd say pickup (do you have the 90?) and caps. I don't think swapping pots will really add anything for you.

i need to know what kind of pots and stuff i need, im scraping all the electronics (mostly because i broke the posts a few years ago.) and any suggestions to make it better would help too.
Quote by guitar/bass76
I think the standard for p-90's is .022 caps and 500k pots

ok i got some stuff, radioshack was out of 500k pots, so i had to use an old one i had laying around, for the resistor i used a .047 for the tone know, and because i didnt have a second knob, i used a switch for the volume, its ghetto but it works, its making a ton of buzz, although everything seems to be grounded right. if anyone has any ideas tell me. what is the ground wire connected to on a lp jr anyway?
Why not remove the tone pot altogether? The cap value is really only a factor when you're playing around outside of the 10 range. On 10 the cap's something like 99% out of circuit - Did you try wiring the 500k pot for volume instead of the switch? It could quite possibly turn out ungodly bright, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Did you check for ground loops?

edit: Wait - you didn't connect your ground? The ground should be connected to...the ground On your jack you should have a hot wire and a ground wire, if you didn't do this, do it now; if you're still having trouble with buzzing check for ground loops.
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Jun 6, 2008,
500K or 250K pots, input jack, pickups.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC