no it would require a larger rout than the standard humbucker rout
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
absolutly
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
true
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I've read that some strats (I'm not sure if its all) are routed for humbuckers, so routing might not be too much of a problem.
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
mims are i believe
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Seymour Duncan has a humbucker that consists of a single coil and a P-90 put togather. You could use them both at once for a big humbucker sound or separate. It would be cool in a strat. Its called SHPR-1 P- Rails humbucker. Check it out.
Yea, i think the humbucker size P-90 is the way to go. Sound just the same, for less work. Although, if you do want a P-90, routing is what you need to do, no problems with doing it if you know what your doing.
Yea a humbucker size should go in without to much trouble. The original style soapbar and dog ear are direct mount so wouldnt mount to you pickguard like strat pickups do. Might be able to put a soapbar in without any routing but not a dog ear. And if you wanted to remove the pickguard the soapbar would still be attached to the body.
Quote by thewho65
There are humbucker-sized P-90's, such as the P-94

But they don't sound like real P-90's. Not that it's a bad thing, just not the same thing.
Not taking any online orders.
If you want the original p90 sound then soapbar is the only way to go. The phat cat works well enough without having to mod anything for my LP.
Quote by Stratmaster458
go for a P94 no routing same tone=easy and win

Not the same tone. Similar.

Try it, the route won't be much, all you need to do is buy a new pickguard and route that. Then you can easily switch between the p90 and the bucker as you choose.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.