i've only heard about one. my friend has it. what is it? is it any good?
It's an old model of Fender from the 60's. It was discontinued in the late 60's, but reissued in the 90's, the re-discontinued in the mid 90's. If your friend has one from the 60's, it's a collectors item and they're pretty rare. If he has a 90's one, it's less valuable, but still a pretty good value.

Fenders are good guitars once you get over about $700. The only thing is, everyone and their grandma has one (or, at least the stratocaster shape and look). They're so cliche. I would personally never own one.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
he has one from the sixties but his grandfather sanded it down and got it re-oainted. major loss in value!
i like how the guy with a marshall mg half-stack is saying certain equipment is cliche
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
i like how the guy with a marshall mg half-stack is saying certain equipment is cliche

+1

At least Strats are good
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Well, to be technical about it, it was from the late 50s. It was intended as a student model, a sort of Fender counterpart to the Les Paul Jr. or something. Still Fender quality, just more basic.

If you're interested, Squier's just announced a reissue of the Duo Sonic: http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303050589
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Sam_Prillaman

I love you too. <3
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."