Ok, so I use a lot of effects pedals right... I have a USA standard strat and a custom built strat-like thing with high output humbuckers.
Every time I decide to switch between the two guitars all of my levels on my distortions and amp need to be changed, which is really irritating.
For example: If I use my humbucker guitar, the cleans are quite loud, and I have to turn my distortion pedals levels up to about half way to make it even between clean and dirty (so there isn't a volume drop) and I can turn my amp down pretty low to accomodate for the loud cleans...
Then, I go to use my strat without changing the levels and the cleans are waaay too quiet and the distortion way too loud... so I have to turn the distortions down to about 1/4 way and the amp up a fair bit to make the cleans louder.

How can I fix this? Is this what strat pickup booster pedals are for?
If so, what's the best type/brand of booster pedal available, for a not-so-ridiculous price?

Cheers,
Luke.
You need hotter single coils, other than that this is pretty usual.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Yup, hotter p-ups. Check out an HS-3 from DiMarzio. Humbucker in single coil format, but still sounds like a single. Yngwie uses them in the bridge of all his strats.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Volume pedal or clean boost or EQ. Take your pick. You don't have to change your pickups, that would defeat the purpose of having the two different guitars, I'd think.
Would buying a bigger amp make any difference? I use a ****ty little 100watt Fender Frontman at the moment, cause I'm poor... but later in life when the time is right I'll probably get like a Marshall DSL100 or something... Don't think that'll make alot of difference
Quote by Roc8995
Volume pedal or clean boost or EQ. Take your pick. You don't have to change your pickups, that would defeat the purpose of having the two different guitars, I'd think.

That's what I thought, I mean I didn't buy a strat for nothin haha...

I have a PROEL volume pedal, but I want to get rid of it cause it's starting to make tons of noise when set heel-down.... might invest in an Ernie Ball volume pedal in the future?
Have to pay off lots of car fees this week, so I'm down like a grand at the moment (damn cars)... so I wont be buying anything straight away...

What if I bought a new volume pedal (E.B.?) and a booster? So I can still use the volume to turn up the strat for solos... cause that's all I'd use a volume for (that and if I feel the need to turn up or down a little)...
If I only had a volume, I wouldnt be able to turn up for solos on the strat...

would having both just blow the **** out of my amp? like, having two volume booster things?