on a daily basis,
until you finally got the nerve
to talk to your enemy.

“Watch out!,”
He’s coming up over your back,
even though he doesn’t have a tail,
I can suspect that he is happy with what he is doing,
and with the countless days
he spends sleeping in the trunk of a two door chevy.

“Yeah, there he goes, starting to gnaw on you a little”,
but don’t worry, his teeth have been gone for years,
lost on purpose to negate any post-burial identification,
because who is really going to remember him anyway?

Some say he is a psychic,
and to a degree, I would say yes,
but mostly I would conclude
that he has come to accept the future
a lot better than most of us.
Last edited by streetcarp19 at Jun 7, 2008,
I feel the last two lines of S1 are quite awkward in saying what they're trying to say.

"got the nerve up" sounded a bit awkward too. Maybe it's just me but it's an odd way to put that. More so using "up" again a few lines later.

I've always hated seeing "because" shortened to "cause". I feel it should either be 'cos, because that is how it would be said, or use the full word. You could get away with 'cos as it is dialouge but I don't think you would do that, lol. I just don't like that contraction.

I liked the ending. A real solid, cohesive piece with a good, strong sentiment. Not one of my faovurites from you techniques-wise, but still a good read.

cool crit jammy...thanks for the catch there on the 'cause' contraction...I almost do it subconsciously, and is a very bad habit.

thanks for the kind words, and it has been cool that you are commenting on my piece cause I certainly value your opinion very highly.
Decent subject, though thhe last stanza was a tad bit cliche. No biggie. Flow was just... i dunno. It seemed unorganized.

And while I'm at it, I HAVE killed an hour, and it was the best book I ever read.
yeah, tis one hell of a book, there are just so many quote within in it that I could do. Also, thanks for the comments.
wow, that is a really cool first stanza, but unfortunately thats just about all that i liked.......
crite mine Numbed to Feel No Pain
interesting...i had thought that that was one of the weaker stanzas, but oh well. To his his own.