So I am an idiot. I went to colorado on vacation for a few days and brought my tele with me. To be safe I left my case locked when I checked it for my flight. When I came home I spent the night at home before driving back to school. When I came back to school the next morning, I realized immediately that I had left my keys on the kitchen table of my parents' home. They won't be home for another week and by the time they send them to me, it will be late next week before I get them. Does anyone know a trick on how to pop the locks on skb cases? I am hesitant to try and pick the lock as I am afraid I will ruin the lock for good. Any help is appreciated!
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
Contact the case maker about a replacement.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Ya well by the time they send another key, my parents will have sent another. I went to the music stores in town and neither of them have matching keys. I may just have to wait
FOR SALE:

I'd be terrified if I did that with my SKB case. They're quite heavy-duty. I usually keep one key in my wallet and one in the house somewhere.

I hate to say it, but it looks like you might have to wait, unless you can pick the lock or something.
see if skb cases have a lifetime warrenty, and then make up a situation in which the lock was accidentally destroyed
walk into a locksmith with the case. i did that once.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
locksmith?
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by jj1565
walk into a locksmith with the case. i did that once.

+1
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by sweeppicker91'
see if skb cases have a lifetime warrenty, and then make up a situation in which the lock was accidentally destroyed

Seems like a good option.

Have you tried the old crowbar technique? Worked like a charm for me when I got locked out of my Gibson case, though apparently your case is quite a bit more heavy- duty than mine is.
he picks locks professionaly. They usually just make locks for doors and gets peoples keys out of their car I think haha. That's what I figure anyways.
Quote by andy331
well sucks for you, but it's only a tele i mean who needs em?

Funny that that's coming from someone with a Slipknot avatar.

Riddle me this, what guitar does Jim Root use?
Locksmiths are expensive.

My friend got locked out of his Gibson case at a gig and had to break it open.
^ my guy saw it as a cool project, opened it for free.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd say wait or get a locksmith... Next time don't keep both keys together =P that reminds me lol it wouldn't be a good idea for me to keep my extra SKB case key inside the case XD
Go down to GC, and use some of the keys in the skb cases at the store, the keys are all very very generic.
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
Forgive my ignorance in the matter, but taking the strings off?

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

If im not mistaken, the strings tighten up quite a bit at high altitude. I hear that on planes it can break the neck off.
Quote by HonorableGoat
Forgive my ignorance in the matter, but taking the strings off?

If the package got slammed around (it did) then the strings are more likely to break, and being in a case they could scratch the guitar/cut the interior of the case. If you take them off you don't have that problem. I think this is likely what he meant.

Quote by ChristianE
If im not mistaken, the strings tighten up quite a bit at high altitude. I hear that on planes it can break the neck off.

Also true, I never even thought about that.
dont know if its the same on SKB cases but on my Gibson case the lock is bolted on with screws...I forgot the combiation so I just took a skrewdriver to it so I didnt have to break anything.
Quote by LP Addict

its the only answer.

+1
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Not sure where this flying with the strings tuned will break the neck started. My guitar spent 12 hours in the checked bags section of a plane form china tuned up and was still in tune when I got it back. As for the locks on a SKB case they are pretty simple and would be pretty hard to screw it up trying to pick it. And doubt a locksmith would charge much for something so simple to open. May even show you how to do it.
Quote by ChristianE

Only in unpressurized cabins.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
The problem is that I don't have a GC near me. As far as taking the strings off, no I didn't do that. I don't know why you would. I loosened them so that nothing would happen but there isn't a reason to take them all off.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Just use a paperclip and a small flat screwdriver. Use the screwdriver to turn the barrel and the paperclip to deal with the tumblers. It will take a while to get the lock but you will get there eventually. Dont worry about breaking the lock just dont force anything and all will be cool.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso