So today I walked downstairs to gather music for my drum lesson. My guitar is in its soft case on the floor because I haven't unpacked it from a battle of the bands thing the other night.
I think I may have accidentally stepped on the headstock (while it was in the soft case) as I was walking by. I wasn't wearing any shoes, and I don't weigh much, so I didn't think of it.

Then I took it out to play unplugged (apparently acoustic is still too loud) and the action was totally screwed up. I'm getting fret buzz on almost every string.

I don't even know if this is because I lightly stepped on it, but I don't know what else it could be. Anyone know what happened? Did I screw up the neck of my guitar, and now it's done for?
Take it in. Dosen't sond too major, might not some minor fixing, maybe truss rod or action as u said. I doubt it's done for good though.
is it a trem bridge? is it still level?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
is it a trem bridge? is it still level?

It is a trem bridge, and it looks pretty level to me.

Oh, no wonder you're asking, I forgot to mention. It's an American Strat.
well, do you see any damage? maybe a spring popped off in the trem cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

So I just went to check the guitar for any damage, and it looks fine. The springs are all in place, I don't see any cracks, and the tuning pegs all look fine.

I have a guitar lesson tomorrow, so my teacher'll check it out anyway, but I just wanted to check with you guys.
yeah maybe a saddle needs adjustment. maybe the nut got crushed.

depends on where it's buzzing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah maybe a saddle needs adjustment. maybe the nut got crushed.

depends on where it's buzzing.

I didn't think I stepped on it that hard, enough to crush the nut or anything like that, but I guess if it screwed up the action then I did.

It's buzzing on the open strings and on the lower frets.
if you dont see anything wrong with it, then maybe your teach will.

or you can start adjusting the saddles and measuring the neck relief.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62