I have a Model - 212 Peavey Renown and I have owned it for like 5 years now, bought it from a friend of mine and there's no telling how long he's had it.
It has worked like a dream, taking whatever I throw at it and throwing right back in my face, but just a few days ago it has started making this alwfull static noise
when i play. Static is the only way I can describe it, sound from the guitar still comes throught but the static is so overwhelming that it's sometimes hard to hear
what I'm playing. It plays great when on clean, but when I stomp on my distortion pedal thats when all the static comes in. I don't know what to do, is something on
the circuit board fired thats why I'm getting all the unwanted noise. Oh hey, the build in distortion seems weaker than usual but i really dont know cause i don't use the
build in distortion, I use my pedals. The speakers aren't blown cause it sounds great on clean, so any help/idea's would be a big thanks.
Are you playing next to a TV? What do you have plugged into the same outlet as the amp?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Are you playing next to a TV? What do you have plugged into the same outlet as the amp?

I'm noway near a TV, and just the amp is plugged in. Its about 15 feet from a computer that connects to the net by wifi but its always been that way, u dont think that might have something to do with it?