A guitar center employee offered to tighten the screws in the back of my strat, so the bridge rested flat on the guitar. It was floating before. Can I still use a tremelo on the guitar, or will it **** up the guitar?

Also do I have to make any other adjustment to the guitar, after he had tighten the bridge?
I think you can, but you'll be limited to a very slight vibrato. I'd experiment to see if you're able to or not; shouldn't be an issue as long as you're gentle with it...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Personally I do this on my strats because I dont use my trem much and I dont like dealing with the floating trems, they're hard to keep in tune. You can abuse it with no problems to the guitar, you just cant pull up. Just dont force it too hard, I've broken trem bars in cheaper guitars doing that...
it's not unsafe to use, just harder to press.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by lpmarshall
A guitar center employee offered to tighten the screws in the back of my strat, so the bridge rested flat on the guitar. It was floating before. Can I still use a tremelo on the guitar, or will it **** up the guitar?

Also do I have to make any other adjustment to the guitar, after he had tighten the bridge?

eddie van halen made a alot of money doing just that! push it!!!!!!!!!!
why did they tighten it down? did you ask them too? you can always losen it back up again, just go slow and don't make any drastic changes.

also mine floats about 1/2 inch off, i have .10 gauge strings, and use the wammy a lot and i really don't have a lot of issues with it going out of tune. as a matter of fact i was on vacation for a week and when i came home i was happy to find out that my guitar was still perfectly in tune.

;