Man, I've been looking for articles on this but I can't find them.
What I mean is, how do you place guitars so that when you activate vocal cut, they can still be heard?
I've done it before using FL studio, but the guitars are waaay on the edges so they clip...

EDIT: What I mean is:
When you record a song and you master it, and you listen to it using Cool Edit Pro, Adobe Audition, or any other program that comes with a vocal cut feature, and you use it, my songs did not only lose the vocals, but the other instruments as well.
I learned myself how to fix that, but now, if you use the vocal cut feature, the guitars sound EXTREMELY loud! They sound at like, 7 or 8 DBs! But... if you listen to the song with vocals, the guitars' volume sounds fine. What can I do to place the guitars at the edges of the mix so that when I activate vocal cut, they don't clip?
Last edited by streetlegal08 at Jun 13, 2008,
I'm pretty sure this would be better in general riffs and recordings, but I'll bite.

I'm not really sure what exactly you're asking. Are you trying to make sure the guitars are audible when the vocals are also on the track? Like they're fighting for the same frequency space?

Or that they're so close to clipping that when you bring in the vocals they clip?

If number one, it sounds like EQ is the answer. There was an article recently on UG about using EQ and some of the more common frequencies adjusted, and just what that will do to each instrument. I'd look it up.

If number two, umm, turn the guitars down?

If it's neither of those, then I just didn't understand the question...
I don't really understand your question, but try panning the guitars to left and right..
try L80 and R80? And put the vocal tracks at the centre channel along with drums
Quote by neuroticLCD
I don't really understand your question, but try panning the guitars to left and right..
try L80 and R80? And put the vocal tracks at the centre channel along with drums

Good idea, I'll try