like when i do an epic bend, my strings go out of tune,i have locking tuners, and have like 4 wraps on each string, what the problem?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
are the locks not all the way tight? or maybe your bridge is loose? or maybe your strings are old and are stretching?

sounds wierd..
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
i have an ec-1000, and am using ernie balls, and yeah my tuners are locked tight
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
change your strings then try, o r get it set up

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by EpiHummingbird
or epic strings

definitely
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by timzee117
change your strings then try, o r get it set up

my strings are only like 5 days old
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
maybe you should just make your bends a little less epic
Quote by BlackandSilver

Myspace
Quote by KetchupLad14
That's probably why. You need to stretch out new strings so they don't go out of tune.

i thought so as well a while ago, but after a while say a month, they still did...and any bends over a step it goes out...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by cheez1492
maybe you should just make your bends a little less epic

Maybe they're just not quite epic enough?
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Maybe they're just not quite epic enough?

maybe
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
i thought so as well a while ago, but after a while say a month, they still did...and any bends over a step it goes out...

i never really bend over a whole step in a song... maybe occasionally when i'm messing around
you should be able to get by just doing half or whole step bends
Quote by BlackandSilver

Myspace
Quote by cheez1492
i never really bend over a whole step in a song... maybe occasionally when i'm messing around
you should be able to get by just doing half or whole step bends

maybe i should just play my s520...it never goes out of tune...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
maybe i should just play my s520...it never goes out of tune...

ah, problem solved

you sir, are a genius
Quote by BlackandSilver

Myspace
Last edited by cheez1492 at Jun 5, 2008,
You could try putting graphite in the nut slots to get rid of any possible sticking in the nut.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
You could try putting graphite in the nut slots to get rid of any possible sticking in the nut.

whoa, what?
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by mogar

+1
Quote by CedricL
+1

elaborate please...
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Just rub the tip of a #2 pencil into each of the nut slots. Graphite is a very smooth substance so it is used a lot as a lubricant as well as a writing utensil.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Take graphite (a graphite pencil should do) and rub it into the slots of the nut where the strings are.
dang, how will this help my strings, im not questioning that it works, im just wondering, ive never heard of it before, im interested.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
they also make graphite impregnated nuts.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Without lube in the nut slots... The strings sometimes get caught in the nut while doing bends therefore causing the string(s) to go out of tune.

This might not solve your problem completely but it should help.
i will try this, thanks guys, i appreciate it!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
umm tell me if im wrong. i have an Ec-1000 also and... doesnt 4 wraps around the tuner defeat the purpose of the locking tuners. The lock is there so you dont have to wrap the strings around the peg and when the string is around the peg it can slip when you do big epic bends.
i might be completly wrong but thats how everyone i know and at long and mcquade showed me. its kinda the catch for the locking tuners.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by bi-ah!
like when i do an epic bend, my strings go out of tune,i have locking tuners, and have like 4 wraps on each string, what the problem?

the 4 wraps could be the problem. the whole reason for locking tuners was to eliminate wraps around the winding post, and the reason guitars go outta tune is the friction between the strings and tuner post. thats why floyd rose made the locking nut, so that the tuners wont affect the tuning stability. and im pretty sure than locking tuners are meant to keep one tuning, so choose the tuning before you put the strings in and stay with that tuning.

for example, go to the google and search up the something like the esp page hamilton sig guitar. try to get a closeup of the headstock. you will notice that there is not even one entire wrap around the post, just like id say around 2-3 cms. itz cuz on the back, there are these knobs that you gotta turn that lock the strings in place. so i hope that helps
Last edited by xdaynex at Jun 7, 2008,
I laughed at this thread.

yeah graphite, use a pencil or something
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I'd go with both solutions. Nut lube for your nut to prevent any possible binding, (if you have a ebony/rosewood fingerboard you may want to use a non-graphite type to avoid staining the wood) and eliminating the extra windings around the locking tuners. I used to have an American Deluxe Stratocaster with locking tuners and was told by a reputable tech not to add the extra winding for the reasons stated previously.
ok so i was correct. hope we helped.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

If all this fails, increase the epicness of your string girth. Add more gauge baby. Epic.

Epic.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If you have a floating tremolo, your tremolo may be gouged and so will not return to its original position after an epic bend (Epic bends pull the tremolo forward) or your springs may be weak/worn out, you may not have enough springs or the posts which the tremolo are connected to may be a bit weak.

Or you need an epic guitar to do epic bends.