I'm soon going to be building my first pedal, does anyone have recommendations for what to build first? I was thinking a distortion or overdrive. I would use it on my VK, so should i make an OD instead?

EDIT: Would a tubescreamer be too difficult for a first pedal?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Jun 5, 2008,
OD. You might not have this problem with your guitar, but mine doesnt have enough gain and crunch, and barely does with the gain boost on. Altho your RG has better, higher output pickups than my guitar im pretty sure.
What guitar would that be?

EDIT: Checked your profile, and yeah, i'm pretty sure the RG would have higher output pups. Do you have your VK?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Ok, so would a Tubescreamer be difficult to make as a first pedal?
The site i'm referring to says its an intermediate project, and this would be my first.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
meh if you wanna go the easy route, i would suggest getting a printed pcb, it helps, takes out the guess work you just need to know what your doing with a soldering iron.

generalguitargadgets.com has some great kits or you can just get the printed circuit board and then I dont think a tube screamer would be too bad... But you can also look into some fuzz pedals. Fuzz's are pretty simple circuits, or a lpb is ridiculously simple
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
meh if you wanna go the easy route, i would suggest getting a printed pcb, it helps, takes out the guess work you just need to know what your doing with a soldering iron.

generalguitargadgets.com has some great kits or you can just get the printed circuit board and then I dont think a tube screamer would be too bad... But you can also look into some fuzz pedals. Fuzz's are pretty simple circuits, or a lpb is ridiculously simple

Thanks, that helps.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Would anyone know what would be better, TS808, TS9, or TS10?

Sorry about the double posts by the way.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX