I'm in the process of building a 1x15 bass cab and want to know if insulating the inside of it will serve any purpose. If anyone has done it ,does it serve a purpose? Would you recomend it?
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
so what would you have to do that is so much different from building a guitar cab?

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

For one thing, bas cabs need to be ported...however...
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
For bass, it's a bit tougher, because a hole in the wrong place will KILL your bass response. You can use a passive radiator or a port or both. For a radiator, you just need a speaker - preferably a blown one - that will move in the opposite direction of the others. To save weight, cut off the magnet and most of the metal behind the cone. You only need the cone itself.
I found a thing that had some stuff about a sealed cab. If I just made a box w/ the speaker in it would it sound alright? If I would happen to port it how would I know where to put the holes at? And would insulating it do anything?

Quote by GuitarHero0715