What is the difference between a Combo and HalfStack? Stupid QUestion i know but i wanted a half stack and everyone says get a combo and idk the difference
a combo combines the amplifier and speakers in one. It is much more portable then a stack

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
a combo is all built together half stack is amp head and one cabinent
Gear:
Jackson JS30 with emg 81/85 (bridge/neck)
Epiphone SG Special
Esteban Acoustic (won in a bet lol)
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Marshall AVT20
Quote by Metallicaxp
Remember to do your Daily Jerk, Never forget!
Hey Deadkid - just to help you one step further go to this link and look at the differences at the bottom of the page.

See the 100 Head? That would plug into say a 412 slant cabinet. The head is the amplifier and holds the tubes, electronics and knobs. The cabinet has nothing but speakers. Different amplifier heads can work on different cabinets as long as they are matched power-wise. In general.

Now see the 212 and 112 Combo's? Those have the amplifier parts and one or two speakers built into one box. Usually cheaper and easier to carry around.

412 = 4 12" speakers. 212 = 2 12" speakers. etc. Hope that helps a bit more for ya.

http://peavey.com/products/ValveKing/index.cfm

;
Halfstacks have one advantage though, if you want a better head you could just buy a different head but save the cabinet.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Ok, next question what would you guys recommend as a good combo? I want to look around 250-500 bucks maybe and i was a lot of power and good tone. Atm i have a 15 watt marshall and i want to upgrade