My freakin first and only amp, super champ xd, just got sent in for repairs. Theye couldn't give me a time frame on when it will probably be done.

<rant>

GC wouldn't swap out a different one because I was 4 days over the 30 day warranty they have.

If I have to pay for anything, I'm going to drive to fender HQ and throw this thing through someone's windshield. It's a month old and has a 5 year warranty.

The GC guy said that it usually takes this repair center around 4 weeks to fix something, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't take more than 2, as the problem was that it shut off for no reason and something was rattling around inside the amp, which, had I known this would take so long, i probably wouldn't have brought it in, although the rattling is pretty annoying.

I stopped in at the repair shop that they sent it to because I like to meet the people working on my stuff and they seemed very knowledgeable, but had a ton of expensive amps there from repeat customers, and I'm worried my crappy amp might not get worked on real soon.

</rant>

Anybody have experience with guitar repair shops and know about how long these things usually take?

I'm thinking about buying another amp and returning it after 29 days for a full refund because I can't afford another amp right now, and to piss off the manager who wouldn't let me swap my amp.

Good/bad idea?
i feel your pain bud, i just got my amp back from repair, GC sounds like a bunch of idiots... Central got my amp up and running again in 1 week, and lent me a Marshall head till my head was fixed. goes to show that it`s better to deal with the lil family owned stores.

and ya, if you can get another amp and return it in 29 days, do it. they wanna be pricks about 4 days, be a prick back
fender is very good about there warranties. ive had amp repairs and a new neck.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
do it Phuck over guitar center they suck for warranties unless you personally know the whole staff of the store like my uncle.
^Good for your uncle?

pak, Ive never bought an amp from GC but I bought a used wah which promptly crapped out of me. The held onto it for a month, told me it was fixed and when I got home and tried it, it was no different. I called back and asked for my money back and they refused. I refuse to do business with GC and I highly recommend dealing with locally owned shops whenever possible.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
it's being fixed by an independent repair center, that's certified by fender, so i have high hopes for the repair job.

I don't know, the sales/ gear guys are all real friendly at mine. Always ask what I'm looking for, and when I say just browsing or trying stuff out, they leave me be. As long as they don't have to check with the manager they're awesome.

I think another reason they didn't go for the amp swap was that the guy that sold it to me knocked $50 bucks off, and I don't think they're supposed to that anymore.

but i'm definitely looking elsewhere first from now on, with gc being one step above the internet
Quote by rageandlove04
^Good for your uncle?

pak, Ive never bought an amp from GC but I bought a used wah which promptly crapped out of me. The held onto it for a month, told me it was fixed and when I got home and tried it, it was no different. I called back and asked for my money back and they refused. I refuse to do business with GC and I highly recommend dealing with locally owned shops whenever possible.

how funny would it be if it was your cable that was broken.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by pak1351

but i'm definitely looking elsewhere first from now on, with gc being one step above the internet

...and not a very big one at that Ever since my experience, I have gone to GC frequently, tried anything and everything out and then ordered it off the internet.

Quote by chea_man
how funny would it be if it was your cable that was broken.

I wish! That would have saved me money on a new wah.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...