I kind of feel like getting the MXR Phase 90 (not the EVH), somewhat based on Matt Bellamy's having one in his Manson, but I'm a bit unfamiliar with the effect itself. What kinds of things can I do with a phaser? I can't listen to any demos online, my sound is jacked up on my computer.

What are some other good effects I can get for under $100 USD? I have a wah, a tremolo, and a USA big muff pi. I play a lot of blues, rockabilly/psychobilly, classic and some modern/hard rock, sometimes metal for fun.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
If you don't know what it does, why do you want one?

Delay pedals are more useful than phasers, in my opinion, you should grab one of those.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jun 6, 2008,
I know what they do, I just would like more reason than somebody else has one. I'll probably just end up getting a Carbon Copy, but I'd like other suggestions.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I was thinking about that one, would it be as good as an analog for slapback/etc.?
Quote by Pauldapro
I would never end up using a phaser, so I think it's a bad idea.

Do you have a overdrive/boost pedal? Those are damned handy.

And what kind of tremolo do you have?
I have it on my profile, it's an EHX Stereo Pulsar. I don't have an OD/boost (the Arion thing is like 20 years old and nonfunctioning), but I use my wah as a treble boost sometimes.
Quote by Pauldapro
I don't like wah as treble boost. It cuts too much tone and makes it thin. (God, I sound conceited today)

Do you have clips of your tremolo? I'm thinkin of getting one, because the tube amp I'm looking at doesn't have built in tremolo
what amp do you have?
if you have a tube than a od is:
1. a must
2. a great thing to have
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Sorry, no clips...

I like it a lot though, I recently got some really space-y stuff out of it.

EDIT:

I've got a 30w Peavey tube combo w/ only EQ and volume, and a 150w Gorilla tube combo w/ reverb, mid/treb boost and gain.
Quote by Pauldapro
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Jun 6, 2008,
A peavey is a good amp.

I am going to have to say OD on this one.
Any specific ODs? I don't want a metal pedal, just something that can add as little as grit/dirt and also be able to go psychobilly.
Quote by Pauldapro
Well, if you want a transparent OD, get a bad monkey.

If you want a nice warm coloring added with it, look into a Screamin Blues or a Boss Blues Driver.
I was thinking about a BD, but everyone said it sucked... how much is that screamin` blues?
Quote by Pauldapro
The Screamin Blues costs about 50 bucks new. I a/b tested it and the blues driver, and ended up with this one because it has more tonal capabilities with a bass and treble knob.
Nice, who makes 'em?
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by Chris_Parker
Nice, who makes 'em?

Digitech. Great mid boost on it to, if you set it right.