Page 1 of 2
Explain why you support and are voting for Obama.

One twist...you are not allowed to use the word "change" at all in your explanation.
We all know that this is an impossible feat

Oh wait... HOPE for America!
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by AzureNight
And him being black has what to do with politics, or his views on politics...?

He's more street cred than a white man.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Well, without using the word change I can just as easily say that I agree with his views more so than I do McCain.

I think his ideas for raising taxes and increasing government spending on domestic programs is 100% what we need. Cutting taxes is no longer stimulating anything and is helping the richer get rich while the middle class gets no benefit.

His health care plan is a step in the right direction. I would rather have the social health systems many Europeans have than the one in America. My houses healthcare costs more than our mortgage.

His plan to force oil companies to invest 25% of the profits in renewables is a great idea.

His refusal to take lobbyist funds makes him less skewed than the average politician, and while I'm speaking of his character, yes he is young but it is far harder to pin him for dishonesty and flip flopping than McCain or Hillary.

He wants to end the war in Iraq, but not totally withdraw and leave diplomatic leaders / security troops on the ground to help them try and get on their own feet.

I could go on and on.

I didn't use change once. Don't assume that hoping on the anti-obama for change band wagon is any less immature than hoping on the pro-obama for change one.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Well, without using the word change I can just as easily say that I agree with his views more so than I do McCain.

I think his ideas for raising taxes and increasing government spending on domestic programs is 100% what we need. Cutting taxes is no longer stimulating anything and is helping the richer get rich while the middle class gets no benefit.

His health care plan is a step in the right direction. I would rather have the social health systems many Europeans have than the one in America. My houses healthcare costs more than our mortgage.

His plan to force oil companies to invest 25% of the profits in renewables is a great idea.

His refusal to take lobbyist funds makes him less skewed than the average politician, and while I'm speaking of his character, yes he is young but it is far harder to pin him for dishonesty and flip flopping than McCain or Hillary.

He wants to end the war in Iraq, but not totally withdraw and leave diplomatic leaders / security troops on the ground to help them try and get on their own feet.

I could go on and on.

I didn't use change once. Don't assume that hoping on the anti-obama for change band wagon is any less immature than hoping on the pro-obama for change one.

could i say owned
I'm not American and thus not really eligible for the thread, buuuuuuut....

He's not McCain. Pure and simple. Barack Obama comes across to me as a more competent, intelligent and innovative person.

McCain looks like he'll sit fidgeting with his hands wondering if he should invade China yet to "boost the economy"
uhm...acually...i havent really seen obama say what he wants to change...just he wants to change...this could mean he just wants to change his underwear for all we know
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by diminishedtobme
He doesnt snitch.

lmfao.... SOOOO TRUE.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm not American and thus not really eligible for the thread, buuuuuuut....

He's not McCain. Pure and simple. Barack Obama comes across to me as a more competent, intelligent and innovative person.

McCain looks like he'll sit fidgeting with his hands wondering if he should invade China yet to "boost the economy"

McCain also looks like he will pass away the first week of stepping into office.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by oppressor
could i say owned

None of those were used in my reasoning for support.

Can I say immature and failed attempt at being witty/debating my point?
Quote by bi-ah!
uhm...acually...i havent really seen obama say what he wants to change...just he wants to change...this could mean he just wants to change his underwear for all we know

He wants to change the nations name to Barakastan.
obama will not be the first black president just so you know...that spot was taken by bill clinton
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by bi-ah!

Maybe you should find out. It's not hard. Internet, news, etc. It isn't Obamas fault that all you have heard about him is 10 second sound bites you hear at school.

Obama has plenty of great ideas on how to get America on the right track, while McCain is more of the same failed neo-con / Bush republican politics.
He's black.

But he's shady.
Who is he?
Who is you!

Seriously.
Strange black guy
Senator one day, then running for president of the USA the next
Oh well.. the other choices are some lady that is probably really strong on censorship
(Just imagine if the entire internet was censored)
and Mr. sir MC, "send our troops and blow up stuff"
Quote by darkstar2466
McCain also looks like he will pass away the first week of stepping into office.
That too, The man is in his 70's, he's way past his mental peak if nothing else.
Also, for all of these pitiful attempts at jokes on Obama... try at least siting realistic reasons to not support him besides his name.

As far as McCain.. 'I don't know a lot about the economy, I still need to educated"

Later he denies it.. newscaster shows him the video of him saying it, he stumbles on a bunch of words and say s"well I didn't mean that"

So, America votes the economy as issue number 1, and you could even half consider McCain? He wants to sit and watch the mortgage and credit crisis fester and hopes that cutting taxes and being hands off will just magically fix it.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Maybe you should find out. It's not hard. Internet, news, etc. It isn't Obamas fault that all you have heard about him is 10 second sound bites you hear at school.

Obama has plenty of great ideas on how to get America on the right track, while McCain is more of the same failed neo-con / Bush republican politics.

im not trying to challenge you dude, so please dont take it that way, but i would really like to see at least 10 things he wants to do with america...i just havent seen them, all ive seen him talk about is he wants to change some stuff.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by freedoms_stain
That too, The man is in his 70's, he's way past his mental peak if nothing else.

70s.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by sports_chik5
He wants to raise every tax their is!!!! yaaayy!! uhhhhh... no me gusta

Obama girl haha

Raising taxes isn't a bad thing... it's not like he would do it for fun. Americans debt is growing at a disgusting rate and we're spending $3 billion a week in Iraq. Our dollar is ****, gas is $4, health care is unaffordable and 50 million don't have it. Schools are doing worse in every area, the middle class is shrinking and the poor and rich classes are growing. Welfare is totally abused and distributed poorly. The infrastructure of this country is a joke, pipes and roads older than any living American are common and dangerous. Nothing has been done to curb CO2 or anything else for that matter. The small government hands off approach isn't working.

Like I said, raising taxes so we could actually improve schools and health care is not only a logical idea, it needs to happen.
Quote by darkstar2466
70s.

are u ****in serious?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by bi-ah!
im not trying to challenge you dude, so please dont take it that way, but i would really like to see at least 10 things he wants to do with america...i just havent seen them, all ive seen him talk about is he wants to change some stuff.

www.realclearpolitics.com

It's actually a conservative bias site, but if you spend some time on it you will learn a lot about Americans views of the candidates, and the candidates themselves.
I couldn't agree more with his stance on illegal immigration, which is a very big issue with me. I agree with him on abortion, and I think he will do a better job of ending this war than McCain.
Quote by The Madcap
I couldn't agree more with his stance on illegal immigration, which is a very big issue with me. I agree with him on abortion, and I think he will do a better job of ending this war than McCain.

I would assume Middle Eastern leaders would trust Obama more than McCain.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I would assume Middle Eastern leaders would trust Obama more than McCain.

Why / what do you mean by that?

Is that because Obama actually understands diplomacy and would rather try to solve things verbally before "pre-emptive striking' like Iraq?

Or was it because McCain is seen as a war monger and they are pretty sure he's going to nuke them?
Quote by psychokiller99
are u ****in serious?

Being a wizard on the internet is serious business. The man tells no lies.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Why / what do you mean by that?

Is that because Obama actually understands diplomacy and would rather try to solve things verbally before "pre-emptive striking' like Iraq?

1. What you said. From everything I have heard him say, he seems like a more reasonable guy. We never know what he will do once he is in office though.

2. He's black and his middle name is Hussein. If I was an Arab, I would go with the guy whose name is Hussein, rather than McCain.

Quote by psychokiller99
are u ****in serious?

Yes. I am fucking serious.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by Gordita Supreme
None of those were used in my reasoning for support.

Can I say immature and failed attempt at being witty/debating my point?

immature-Yes

failed attempt at being witty

I never fail
Page 1 of 2