Yes
92 39%
No
97 42%
I don't download illegally.
44 19%
Voters: 233.
Page 1 of 2
...instead of paying 15.00 dollars for a CD, you payed around 6-8 dollars?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Maybe, but I'm too poor/cheap to buy albums. I only buy them on occasion.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
On average, I buy one CD a week. That doesn't stop me from pirating music. Downloading discographies is an easy way to see if I like a band. If I like a band, I'll buy their CDs because I like having the artwork/high-quality audio to listen to in my car, etc.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't download illegally. I buy CDs.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
If there was a CD store within walking distance to my house, yes. And I don't like buying stuff via iTunes, so that wouldn't be an option for me.
Quote by darkstar2466
On average, I buy one CD a week. That doesn't stop me from pirating music. Downloading discographies is an easy way to see if I like a band. If I like a band, I'll buy their CDs because I like having the artwork/high-quality audio to listen to in my car, etc.

^
what he said..minus the one cd a week..and I dont drive...
CD's cost about $30 over here, if they were about $6 instead, I definitely wouldn't pirate as much. But I would still pirate
No, because I can still get them for free.

I check to see if I like the band, then I buy. Sometimes it's just easier to illegally download. But sometimes the quality is shit, or it doesn't sound good in my car.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
everytime there is an entire cd that i want (that i can actually find) i buy it.
i cant find old blues and jazz albums at walmart.
also, sometimes i might decide i want a few songs from a newer band, but i def. dont want to buy an entire album of **** jst to get a few good songs (john mayer.)
also, i buy alot off of itunes. well i used to, i stopped when i realized a cant burn it to a CD and listen to it in my car.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I can't down load, the stuff I like isn't on there....

I end up having to search for them and use Ebay and stuff, even then there are many things I want, but have no way of getting.
Quote by lolcats
But I would still pirate

Don't worry, I would too.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Don't worry, I would too.

Did you even click the linky?
I basically do what darkstar does except I'll have splurges of cd days. If you look for used cd stores you can usually find some rare gems cheaply. Down here we have a set of stores called CD Exchange where they have used cds (good quality too) for 6-8 dollars and if the cds have been there for a long time and no one wants them they'll be put in a 3-5 dollar pile. It's a nice store.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by lolcats
Did you even click the linky?

Why yes I did. DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

Oh nvm... haha. I thought it was the other flash one of that.

I spend about $150NZ (roughly 100US) a month on CD's their ridiculously expensive it's cheaper to import than buy them locally.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by darkstar2466

i agree with this guy. I treat downloading cds free like renting one. If i really like it after a couple of listens, I'll buy the cd. if not, i just delete it
pay for music?.....NEVER! it's against my religion.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Why yes I did. DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

Oh nvm... haha. I thought it was the other flash one of that.

Yarr harr fiddle deedee, being a pirate is so good to be! Do what you want cos a pirate is free, you are a pirate!
Quote by chea_man
everytime there is an entire cd that i want (that i can actually find) i buy it.
i cant find old blues and jazz albums at walmart.
also, sometimes i might decide i want a few songs from a newer band, but i def. dont want to buy an entire album of **** jst to get a few good songs (john mayer.)
also, i buy alot off of itunes. well i used to, i stopped when i realized a cant burn it to a CD and listen to it in my car.

what are you talking about you can burn cd's on itunes
i usually buy the albums that i want. if i pirate its not much (maybe 1 every 2-3 months) but the art and bonus stuff that comes with the purchased albums are enough for me to pay close to 20...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
...instead of paying 15.00 dollars for a CD, you payed around 6-8 dollars?
In the UK a new release CD can go for anywhere between £10-15, that's $20-30, I'd be happy if we just had to pay your price.
I know it's wrong, but when you're trying to pay thousands of dollars for school and still eat enough to live off of $8 an hour, $15 CDs are out of the question.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Munchlaxatives
I know it's wrong, but when you're trying to pay thousands of dollars for school and still eat enough to live off of $8 an hour, $15 CDs are out of the question.

That's a good point. I think labels need to make an exception for college students and allow them to either get some sort of discount on music or something.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
That's a good point. I think labels need to make an exception for college students and allow them to either get some sort of discount on music or something.

Wasn't there a thread yesterday about some website that lets you legally download for free if you're in college?
I have another question...could any of you actually fill the 80 GB mp3 players? I'm just wondering because I already filled my 30 GB Zen and I still have at least 20 on my computer. I think that's around a thousand bucks worth of CDs if so.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
I checked my 80gb and it said it can only really hold 74 due to the software or something, currently I have 56 gb of music and 10gb of movies.
The wall mart out in my town has a shelf full of Cd's that are like 6 bucks that nobody will buy and thats where I get all my music...
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
I would probably end up buying more music, but nothing short of free CD's will stop me from pirating.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by Freaky_Styley
The wall mart out in my town has a shelf full of Cd's that are like 6 bucks that nobody will buy and thats where I get all my music...

I'm talking all cds. New releases, and everything. Not just the little bins that are like 2 for 10 dollars. Though those bins have some great deals.

Well.... im dutch
so if i can get anything for free, im not gonna pay :|
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

I don't think i would buy more... i just buy used ones on amazon or ebay now and rip them onto my computer at about 320bit rate and let the cds collect dust. I don't think i would buy more because thats about what I get them for now haha

However did anyone notice its not really any more moral to buy a used cd than download illegally because the artist doesnt get the money either way... nor does the record company, just the seller you get it from. That's just a thought i've had for a while.

However i'd like a drop in the price of vinyls. I'm on a mission to collect my favorite albums on vinyl and those can get kind of pricey sometimes.
I doubt I would, I listen to too much music, to own all the CD's would be absurd (I've over 17000 songs on here, around 1600 albums I think)
Not only are many (I'd argue most) impossible to buy in the UK without then paying again for shipping or postage, but many are out of print, were released in terribly low numbers (I'm a black metal fan )

I just don't see the point, if there's a CD I like from start to finish and I can buy it locally I definitely will, I've got a fair few CD's floating about (which I never use) but since I've got a laptop, external hard-drive, iPod (160Gb, and to answer someone's earlier question, mines almost full, 80Gb is nothing to me) and an iPod connector for the car, I've no use for CDs
I do support buying albums off the net legally however, and do that as much as possible

I guess I'm the equivalent of a CD Agnostic
I've no use for them, I can't deny their use but I can't endorse it in my particular case, so I normally avoid them but try to find other legal ways of finding the music I like, if that fails or if I'm broke, I WILL resort to pirating and I've little shame in it, the cost of living is sky-rocketing, my money would be going all on fuel simply to get to the music shops at this point in time, making the thought quite redundant really.
I actually only download if it's a band I just wanna check out or if it's a rare song or something. As a result of mild OCD, I prefer to physically own the actual album.

Yet I still have a bunch of downloaded ****...

But I have more CDs.
Founder and Gaz of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM me to join.

The Metal Militia
"Banging that head that doesn't bang!"

Quote by -Vogel-
All bow down for the mighty Holy Wars
Page 1 of 2