I know its possible but its damn hard...

Do any of you bass UGers have any tips for playing 32nd notes with your fingers (probably with all 4)? It seems phyically impossible to me, esp on the big ol' E and B strings. People will say use a pick if you want speed but that sounds to ugly/scratchy when you trem pick on bass strings. Any advice?
play em going 20bpm
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
get a metronome and practice. it's really that simple.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Guitar Sushi
Picks sound fine as long as you use them properly.

+1
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Quote by albinokrikit
play em going 20bpm

He's right, you know. At super-fast speeds, you'd be hard pressed to tell 32nds apart. 32nds at 80bpm are just as fast as 16ths at 160bpm which are just as fast as 8ths at 320bpm.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Play at the bridge to maintain control over the strings. Playing at the neck or on the neck pickup leads to quite sloppy strings which are hard to keep a hold of, play at the bridge and its easier to get higher speeds.

If you dont want to get a high trebbly sound, try to balence this out by panning more to the neck pickup.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Recommended threads