Ok

i am building a custom hsh guitar and i want to use a mini on/on/on switch and a push pull tone pot, and a reg volume. I have also thought of using a rotary switch istead of the 3 way, but i already rear routed for a 3 way

I have prs dragon 2 bass and treble hums and a fender vintage 50's single coil for the middle

AS u can see i have placed the 3 way switch in in upper left of the guitar. I relly dont want to do anymore routing if i dont have to.
In some way or another i want to isolate the single coil with the switches i have now and be able to get the best use of my prs pickups as well.

any suggestions for the holes i have already cut see pic schematic to look at

ideally something like this:

3 way
Position 1---full bass hum
position 2-- middle
position 3-- full treb hum

push/pull
i am not too sure here but would like some
sort of coil cut option
Attachments:
DSC01595.JPG
It would be a bit more versatile if you had 2 push pull pots. Then you could have a on/off/on switch for the two humbuckers and have one push pull turn on the single coil. Then maybe the second pot/switch as a coil split or as some people always suggest parralel for the humbuckers.

With this you could have:
neck (full)
bridge (full)
neck (single)
bridge (single)
Middle
neck single and mid
Bridge single and mid.

You wouldn't be able to have both humbuckers on- But it sounds like you don't want that anyway
Last edited by supergerbil at Jun 6, 2008,
would a 5 way switch be better it seems like a rough transition between pickups. I could save the switch hole for a optional piezo bridge (like graphtech piezo saddles) or regular electric selector
Quote by bjazzy1
would a 5 way switch be better it seems like a rough transition between pickups. I could save the switch hole for a optional piezo bridge (like graphtech piezo saddles) or regular electric selector

A 5 way would be better- 5 way super switch mind you. It would give you two extra options: bridge and mid + neck and mid (with humbuckers split)