Page 1 of 3
biggest joke i have ever seen

two bands on there - rage against the machine and system of a down

one guy was talking about how metal soad was and that the drum and guitars were so intense and the drums fills were amazing in toxicity

i like both these bands but this list is a joke
What a complete joke this list is.

Breaking the Law
Judas Priest

I'm Eighteen
Alice Cooper

Balls to the Wall
Accept

Smoke on the Water
Deep Purple

Wait and Bleed
Slipknot

Metal Health
Quiet Riot

Paranoid
Black Sabbath

High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
Def Leppard

Thunder Kiss '65
White Zombie

Rock You Like a Hurricane
Scorpions

Epic
Faith No More

Caught in a Mosh
Anthrax

The Beautiful People
Marilyn Manson

Run to the Hills
Iron Maiden

Refuse/Resist
Sepultura

Cowboys from Hell
Pantera

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
AC/DC

Freak on a Leash
Korn

Enter Sandman
Metallica

Paradise City
Guns N' Roses

I Wanna Rock
Twisted Sister

Man in the Box
Alice in Chains

Slave to the Grind
Skid Row

Live Wire [Kick A** '91 Remix]
Mötley Crüe

Walk
Pantera

Bulls on Parade
Rage Against the Machine

Toxicity
System of a Down

Rainbow in the Dark
Dio

Bring the Noise
Anthrax

Peace Sells
Megadeth

Ace of Spades
Motörhead

Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne

Raining Blood
Slayer

The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden

Detroit Rock City
Kiss

You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Judas Priest

Back in Black
AC/DC

Master of Puppets
Metallica

Welcome to the Jungle
Guns N' Roses

Iron Man
Black Sabbath
Quote by ~DrEaM ThEaTeR~
i dunno, im watching it on tv and needed to bitch about it, typical i know

i know man, i dont even bother watching any metal lists on tv because it usually pisses me off.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
What did you expect from VH1? A list with the likes of Bathory, Celtic Frost and Suffocation? THe only surprising entree on that list was Sepultura. And wtf was the Papa Roach guy doing on their anyway?
Quote by rcw110131
Iron Man
Black Sabbath

Gross. I hate that song.

I bet Iommi regrets making that song.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I never bother watching these things. Last time there was one called "20 most awesome metal riffs" and stuff like the Smiths was on it.
Quote by slayerific
What did you expect from VH1? A list with the likes of Bathory, Celtic Frost and Suffocation? THe only surprising entree on that list was Sepultura. And wtf was the Papa Roach guy doing on their anyway?

It's a list based on what's popular, what's been bought the most, and what the largest group of people will like. If you want something with extreme metal, you shouldn't look for a list being targeted at the general public. Different lists for different people. Deal with it.

PAPA ROACH RULZ
Quote by darkstar2466
Gross. I hate that song.

i find it to be repetitive to.. i guess to them it defined the beginning of metal.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
It's a list based on what's popular, what's been bought the most, and what the largest group of people will like. If you want something with extreme metal, you shouldn't look for a list being targeted at the general public. Different lists for different people. Deal with it.

PAPA ROACH RULZ

Well I could make the argument that Celtic Frost essentially did more for metal artistically than the likes of Skid Row or Motley Crue, that doesn't necesaarilly mean their better. But see thats the reason all music related lists are stupid because music is subjective :
Quote by kinzoku
i find it to be repetitive to.. i guess to them it defined the beginning of metal.

It's not even that its repetitive. It just sucks.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

PAPA ROACH RULZ

Oh, I'm sorry for expecting a list of "THE BEST METAL SONGS OF ALL TIME" to include actual metal and not the same 10 metal songs and 30 rock/nu-metal crap they always throw in.
Quote by darkstar2466
Gross. I hate that song.

You know what, I was reading an article and Iommi said Iron Man and Paranoid were both a joke when they wrote them. Sabbath threw them in as a filler and they became popular.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by crackhutch
You know what, I was reading an article and Iommi said Iron Man and Paranoid were both a joke when they wrote them. Sabbath threw them in as a filler and they became popular.

Its always the way, an artist can never predict the reaction of the viewer (or listener in this case).
Quote by kinzoku
i know man, i dont even bother watching any metal lists on tv because it usually pisses me off.

You stand there shouting at the tv, get a heart attack and die.

I know the feeling
I personally can't believe they think that Acca Dacca are heavy metal
Quote by Serpeth
Sometimes I take all my clothes off and pretend I'm a velociraptor and pounce upon my roommate's desk as would a ferocious bloodthirsty velociraptor, knocking over his lamp with my semi-erect penis. And then I drink apple juice.
TV is for falsies.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by the spiker
Why are there glam rock bands on that list?

I'm more concerned with all the nu-metal and the one grunge song.

I like Alice in Chains a lot but grunge doesn't belong there and Man in a Box isn't even their best song by a long shot.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well look on the bright side:

At least there's no Nirvana up there!

The first thing I did when looking at the list was to see how high the inevitable "Smells Like Teen Spirit" would be forced.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
'VH1's worst 40 metal songs' is even worse. They nag about the lyrics. ONLY the lyrics. And the worst part is that they nag about it not being about beer or sex. I hate VH1.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
'VH1's worst 40 metal songs' is even worse. They nag about the lyrics. ONLY the lyrics. And the worst part is that they nag about it not being about beer or sex. I hate VH1.

*$hits himself* HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VH1 Classic's Top Ten Metal bands is even worse.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Popular top-notch metal bands like Opeth, Behemoth, Necrophagist, etc. will never be on that list because they have growlies.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
What the hell is Def Leppard doing there? goddamn.
I like listening to Carcass while I rape and pillage.

well thats nice but im not homosexualy
It's ****ing commercial television.
What the hell do you guys expect?
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
The part that annoys me the most is when Scott Ian is talking about Enter Sandman and talking about how its such a great song and no one can hate it, or when he talks about how much he loves Slipknot and then he goes on to kiss the ass of every band on the list. God I hate that racoon tailed bastard
^ I hate Enter Sandman. Pretty horrible song.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Horrible list. But then again, its VH1, so I wasn't expecting much.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by Slaytanic1993
VH1 Classic's Top Ten Metal bands is even worse.

Oh god, that was horrible. They had Poison higher than Slayer on that list.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Page 1 of 3