Hey,

There's a used/factory second Hamer XT Sunburst electric at a local store. Here is the page for the model for the guitar: http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=901&sid=185

Anyways, the local store has this model in natural finish, but since it has a few problems and is at a good price, I was wondering if it'd be a cool project guitar.
It has a broken neck pickup, it needs pots replaced, and it needs a good general set up. Other than that, it looks fine, although it was labeled a b-stock right out of the factory.

It is priced at $235, and it includes a union jack (really cool) hardshell case.
Do you think this would be cool for a project, or is it really not that great of a guitar once it's fixed up?
I haven't played it yet, but I just found it like a couple hours ago, and I wanted to know if this sounded like a good idea.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hey,

There's a used/factory second Hamer XT Sunburst electric at a local store. Here is the page for the model for the guitar: http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=901&sid=185

Anyways, the local store has this model in natural finish, but since it has a few problems and is at a good price, I was wondering if it'd be a cool project guitar.
It has a broken neck pickup, it needs pots replaced, and it needs a good general set up. Other than that, it looks fine, although it was labeled a b-stock right out of the factory.

It is priced at $235, and it includes a union jack (really cool) hardshell case.
Do you think this would be cool for a project, or is it really not that great of a guitar once it's fixed up?
I haven't played it yet, but I just found it like a couple hours ago, and I wanted to know if this sounded like a good idea.

Thanks!

Well, they're $400-ish new...I think you deserve something nicer than a hell beat mother, but Hamer DOES make some very cool guitars. If you're willing to put the time and money into it, then it's not a bad guitar at all. Try to talk him to $200?
Well, it's not even beaten.
It's in great shape besides the electronics.

Well, i'm going to go check it out within the next few days. I just wanted to know how these things play.
The case is really nice too, but i'll look at it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator