I need the money so help me out with this. I was going to sell it locally for $599 but I'll sell it here for the same price shipped to your front door. It has never been gigged. been hanging on my wall. Has a year of healthy age in the wood. An awesome guitar. It is too bad I have to get rid of it.

If you are considering getting one of these guitars, don't buy from musiciansfriend please! Buy from me! I need the money and plus its one year closer to vintage haha. and one year of good age in the wood. It is flawless. please take it off my hands.
Pics?
I'm interested but a pic would be nice!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
I will take some nice detail pictures tomorrow It does look just like the one on the gretsch website but i know people do like to take a peek! i know i do

...stay tuned.
Here are some pictures. A few of them are deceiving because of the lighting. They make the sunburst look more yellow. But it is actually the darker brownish color that you see in some of the pictures and on the gretsch website. The back is a very dark maroon. almost black. but if you tilt it right in the right light, the color pops out as you can see in one picture (it does look more red but it is reflecting my red walls a little). I have removed the pick guard because I like how it looks without it (i am a very gentle player and most of my guitars don't have pick guards, so my pick never hits the body. especially because it is arched), but I have it and will include it with the guitar.
Enjoy and let me know.

Last edited by iSignUpJust2ask at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Retribution
Good luck getting full price for it...

why do you say that? It is practically brand new and has a year of age in the wood. I was just thinking if someone was interesting in buying one of these anyways, they could help me out and buy it from me for the same price, instead of musicians friend or guitar center or whatever.

Besides, it isn't even full price because I'll have to pay shipping charges.
Quote by iSignUpJust2ask
why do you say that? It is practically brand new and has a year of age in the wood. I was just thinking if someone was interesting in buying one of these anyways, they could help me out and buy it from me for the same price, instead of musicians friend or guitar center or whatever.

Besides, it isn't even full price because I'll have to pay shipping charges.

Someone could go get one new for $599. If they want a used one, they can get it cheaper.

And a "year of age" in the wood is bull****, because you said yourself, it's been "sitting on your wall." Wood doesn't age by sitting, it ages by being played/vibrated.

But that "good luck" was sincere. I mean, I understand if you have to make the money, and I wish you luck selling it. However, you might be better off dropping the price a little bit, throwing it up on ebay, and compensate for the price drop by charging shipping.
Quote by Retribution
Someone could go get one new for $599. If they want a used one, they can get it cheaper.

And a "year of age" in the wood is bull****, because you said yourself, it's been "sitting on your wall." Wood doesn't age by sitting, it ages by being played/vibrated.

But that "good luck" was sincere. I mean, I understand if you have to make the money, and I wish you luck selling it. However, you might be better off dropping the price a little bit, throwing it up on ebay, and compensate for the price drop by charging shipping.

Well i play it often. I meant that it has been safe on my wall when I don't play it. And I mean I am open to negotiation. Thanks for the good luck wish though.
Quote by Retribution
Well, if this is still available when I get a paycheck, I might throw in an offer.

I've wanted a Gretsch for a while. How does it hold in tune? With/without Bigsby use.

cool just let me know!

It feels like a floating bridge. So with that said you have to tune each string a couple times because as the tension changes the bigsby moves. But then after that it should stay in tune for awhile. Without using the bigsby it stays in tune just as well as a hardtail. With gentle use it stays in tune for atleast a full set. What puts it out of tune is when you really push on the bigsby (which friends always do, but I patiently remind them not to). My major complaint on the system is the nut. It was not made for a bigsby. But fortunately a nut change is a cheap mod. I was planning on replacing it with a graphite nut but now since I'm selling it I was going to leave it up to the new owner to choose a nut material of their choice. I also have never replaced a nut, so I didn't want to screw it up right before selling it.

Here is what I was going to get:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAPHITE-NUT-FOR-GRETSCH-6120-CHET-ATKINS-GUITARS_W0QQitemZ290230649587QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33041QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

If you decide to buy this guitar and want the nut, I will even order it before hand and include it with the guitar. And if you trust me (i am patient and careful and can generally get things right) I will even do the nut for you. Looking at it, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for your interest!

p.s. this is what made me want a gretsch:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f59vNUqcGLs