so i put on a new set of strings and was tuning them up but my floating bridge wont stay in position. it keeps bending forwards as i tighten the strings, does any1 know how to stop this from happening.
btw i changed from .10 to .11 could that be effecting it?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
yes you changed your strings to a higher gauge, youre gonna need to tighten the springs in the back to match the new gauge.
is it a floyd rose?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
ok should i loosen the strings heaps first. no its not a floyd
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
yes. changing gauges means you have to re set everything. you have to redo the intonation and the action (maybe), if you dont care about the action though, first you have to tighten the trem claw in the back of the body so that the string tension is equal to the spring tension. then intonate the guitar
^ yep.

plus you want to check your neck bow, the increased tension may require truss rod adjustment. only do this if you know what you are doing.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix