I just wrote this song in a few short hours.. Like, 2 or 3 or something. lol

I'm pretty fond of the whole thing really. I didn't make it RSE ready (as in, the volumes aren't adjusted properly), but you can use it if you want... I did some wah and RSE sound settings real quick.

I hope you all enjoy.. It's not meant to be completely freaking amazing. Just nice sounding. I'm not sure how I ended up with what I have, but it's there and I love it.

The cello track is there because I was gonna add a vocal line, but it's just too much work.. And I'm still working on the lyrics. I left it there because I have the intro words on it.

Hope you all enjoy.. Let me know what you think and I'll get back to you. =)
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
file?

I was going to ask about that, but I assumed it was just my ***** computer.

(One time a guy had made a thread, and I was going to ask where the file was, but people were posting crit. That was horribally confusing.)
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
how can u crit a song that isnt there? its impossible, Unless your full of ****

This is plagiarised! Didn't John Cage write a piece just like this?!

It sounds alot like 4'33".
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
O whatever your not fooling anyone.. If i cant see it U cant see it...

There is actually a piece by John Cage called 4'33" in which the performer is instructed to not play their instrument during the entire duration of the piece.

It is arguably silence, but the music is the environment. And probably the reactions of people who have to watch it. Especially if you don't know what it is, if a guy said, this song is called 4'33" and just stood there, I would probably be saying wtf.

Whether this is Garb's intention or not I'm unsure.

Edit: Wait, he said it would be in GP4/5 and Midi format though.
Last edited by Regression at Jun 6, 2008,
So your assumptions of it being the John Cage piece has no grounds because Were his post resides states that. Fact ... There isn't a gp4 , gp5 , midi or zip.
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Wow. Sorry guys. That'll teach me to post a thread at 6am after being up all night.

I saw 8 replies and was like "Wow. That's the fastest I've ever gotten any reply." But I see why. =( lol

The song is here now. lol
Attachments:
ProgRock.zip
It was pretty boring. I had to keep skipping through as I listened. The Chorus did sound really nice but it was way too long and nothing much was going on except for strummed chords. The solo could use work too. It actually hurt my ears more than anything, just sounded like runs up and down the neck. Other than that, this could sound much better with more effort put into it.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Lol, I clicked play and I was like ha! he did plagarise the John Cage song. But then music came in after a while.

So about the song, (I actually wrote crit earlier, but my comp froze when posting it) I'm to lazy to open it so I might accidentally name the sections wrong.

I though the intro was sort of boring. But the musical intro thingy a bit later was a bit of an improvement on it. Not much though, I found the start quite boring, I don't know why I just did.

But the verse was a big improvement, I really liked it, the first 4 bars of it are better than the second 4 though. It sort of reminded me of a song I don't know what though. It was quite nice anyhow.

And then you went and ruined it. The pre chorus was horrible in my opinion, you went from some really nice tune with the guitar to ****. (don't take that the wrong way, it was just a bit of a let down when it seemed to be getting good). It wasn't so bad, just nothing very good when compared to the verse. And then the chorus, it had some nice chords, but was there any particular reason you didn't have drums in it? I think it needs something to fill in the gaps. Like a typical jazz beat or something.

I really liked the triplets on the bass that came in in the post chorus.

The break is pretty cool, I like when the distorted guitars come in. Some how it ends up just being lots of noise, but I like it. It didn't seem over the top, and despite not being very 'musical' kept my attention and sounded pretty good imo.

And the rest of the song is just sort of a repeat so yeah.
Last edited by Regression at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Regression
Lol, I clicked play and I was like ha! he did plagarise the John Cage song. But then music came in after a while.

So about the song, (I actually wrote crit earlier, but my comp froze when posting it) I'm to lazy to open it so I might accidentally name the sections wrong.

I though the intro was sort of boring. But the musical intro thingy a bit later was a bit of an improvement on it. Not much though, I found the start quite boring, I don't know why I just did.

But the verse was a big improvement, I really liked it, the first 4 bars of it are better than the second 4 though. It sort of reminded me of a song I don't know what though. It was quite nice anyhow.

And then you went and ruined it. The pre chorus was horrible in my opinion, you went from some really nice tune with the guitar to ****. (don't take that the wrong way, it was just a bit of a let down when it seemed to be getting good). It wasn't so bad, just nothing very good when compared to the verse. And then the chorus, it had some nice chords, but was there any particular reason you didn't have drums in it? I think it needs something to fill in the gaps. Like a typical jazz beat or something.

I really liked the triplets on the bass that came in in the post chorus.

The break is pretty cool, I like when the distorted guitars come in. Some how it ends up just being lots of noise, but I like it. It didn't seem over the top, and despite not being very 'musical' kept my attention and sounded pretty good imo.

And the rest of the song is just sort of a repeat so yeah.

Lol, thanks... The intro is spoken, and since I can't do that in GP5.. Well... =P

The pre-chorus and chorus are meant to be somber/mellow/whatever, which is why there's no drums.

Thanks for the crit. =)
well, aside from what's already been said, you're time signatures are way off. the beat you are presenting is not what beat the song is in. try and tap your foot along with some parts. there's no way that would be heard as 4 beats a measure...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
well, aside from what's already been said, you're time signatures are way off. the beat you are presenting is not what beat the song is in. try and tap your foot along with some parts. there's no way that would be heard as 4 beats a measure...

Lol. Way off of what? Does it really matter to the average listener if it's not heard as 4 beats a measure?
Quote by Garb
Lol. Way off of what? Does it really matter to the average listener if it's not heard as 4 beats a measure?

that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you present it in 4/4 time (that's what the sheet music says) but that's not the time sig that some certain parts are in. these sort of mistakes really annoy me. if you are going to write a piece of music using actual sheet music (notice that GP is actual sheet music), then you should at least make the time sigs of the song match up with the beat of the song...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
What parts are you talking about?

And I don't necessarily agree with your last statement. Many wonderful classical composers and jazz artists write in one time signature and make the song sound like it's another. Don't ask me to name any, I won't be able to recall.. But I played a lot of songs like that in concert and jazz band at school.
Some really good ideas in there, but overall very repetitive and boring at points. There was a lot of really strange things going on with the drums at points too.

I do like a lot of the ideas, but I think you'd benefit from taking them a few steps further instead of just repeating them over and over again.