Hello there ..the name's jim
and ..after the school exams dad's gonna buy me an epiphone electric guitar[yyaayy]
so exicted!

Me and my friends gonna do Pop-Punk covers such as All time Low, etc etc..

i totaly LOVE both LP and SG..but i wanna know what would be better to play
i will be lead singer and support guitarist..

i dont wanna listen your oppinion about what guitar u prefear..but what would be better for the genre of music me and my band will play

thank you
God Bless
hmmm both are pretty good pop punk guitars, what amp u got?
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
yeah, both can do the same for pop punk. try them and see which one you like most.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
gonna buy a little marshal ..can spend about it like 100 euros..
thank you
Quote by jimm123
gonna buy a little marshal ..can spend about it like 100 euros..
thank you

you're probably better of buying an other brand of amp for that money. those cheap marshalls are pretty much ****.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Les Paul is a bit more deep, "thick" sounding, if you will.

An SG has a certain thin-ness that actually gives it sound of a bite, in my option, though Gibsons are notorious for being able to draw that aggressive sound from them. I imagine both or either would be good for doing mainstream punk stuff.
Cheers!
are u looking at and epi or a gibson
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by Farether
you're probably better of buying an other brand of amp for that money. those cheap marshalls are pretty much ****.

Yeah so dont know much of the prices,i will get in work and buy deffinetly a marshal d00d
thank you :]
Quote by CaptainJack666
are u looking at and epi or a gibson

It says Epiphone in the OP

You can pretty much play Pop Punk with anything. Just don't get a special model and try to avoid the other bolt on neck models.
Quote by Loserlnsm
Les Paul is a bit more deep, "thick" sounding, if you will.

An SG has a certain thin-ness that actually gives it sound of a bite, in my option, though Gibsons are notorious for being able to draw that aggressive sound from them. I imagine both or either would be good for doing mainstream punk stuff.

i really love Les pauls shape i am in love with that guitar
but ive heard its better for solo stuff..thats why i am informed of buying a SG is better..
and btw..its EPIPHONE :] an original gibson guitar costs 2.000+ euros
Thank you
God Bless
SG (G-400) cuz there sexay and iv seen too many les pauls and not enough sg's. Plus i think sg's look much better.
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
Quote by jimm123
Yeah so dont know much of the prices,i will get in work and buy deffinetly a marshal d00d
thank you :]

No. Marshall doesn't mean best amp. Especially if it says "MG" on the faceplate. Do not buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.

One more time

Do not buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.

What is the maximum your budget can go? Are you looking to gig? How developed is your playing? Do you have anything to play through while you save up money?

Because you should never buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.
Quote by imgooley
It says Epiphone in the OP

You can pretty much play Pop Punk with anything. Just don't get a special model and try to avoid the other bolt on neck models.

i will have that in mind thank you
Quote by imgooley
No. Marshall doesn't mean best amp. Especially if it says "MG" on the faceplate. Do not buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.

One more time

Do not buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.

What is the maximum your budget can go? Are you looking to gig? How developed is your playing? Do you have anything to play through while you save up money?

Because you should never buy anything that says "MG" on the faceplate.

woah..sure dood thanks..i wont get that..
my experience is 0 :P

but i really sing good...i am just learnin guitar becayse that means -1 band member..

best money i can give for a guitar is 500 and for a amp is like 100-150
euros
..and yea gig's and..school lives..
You are not going to get a giggable amp for under 300 dollars(or euros, because I think the exchange rate is similar). Just not going to happen.

Unless you can gig with an AD30VT. And that's 250(USD).

Either get more money, or put off gigging. Or have **** for gear.
Quote by imgooley
You are not going to get a giggable amp for under 300 dollars(or euros, because I think the exchange rate is similar). Just not going to happen.

Unless you can gig with an AD30VT. And that's 250(USD).

Either get more money, or put off gigging. Or have **** for gear.

first of all i am gonna buy a cheep amp..with as much money as i can affort...and practice..also ill get a work..and get a better one in a few months from now
:]
GodBless
Whatever works for you.
if you want a thicker sound then by all means buy a lp

i prefer the sg as it had epic fret access and isn't as heavy<--though the epi ones are neck heavy