Page 1 of 2
so i convinced my dad to buy me one o these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dinky-Reverse-Elec-Guitar-Graphite-Finish_W0QQitemZ170224496921QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280233527652

which should i go for?? and how much should i pay (max) for the fusion??

if you look closely, i guess the last fret or so is lil hard to reach on the fusion... so im leanin more towards the dinky reverse rite now... ( i do know that the fusion has better inlays, ebony fretboard, etc... thats why im not sure which to get... now dont say both plz... )
and i really really need either one, so plz let me get the lowest possible bid, or i wont get the guitar... my dad wont spend over a certain limit...
im used to a floyd, if thats what you're tryin to say...

EDIT : another prob here... if i let the dinky go and try for the fusion, but the price goes too high, ill be left in the dark with neither............
Last edited by jayeshrc at Jun 6, 2008,
I'd probably go for the fusion. That's only based on looks as it looks like it's in better condition than the reverse. Though, I hear the necks on the Dinky reverses are extremely thin and much better than the necks on Jacksons Professionals these days.

I've never actually played any of those two so don't take my word for it.
cant really see on the dinky, but the hardware on the proffessional looks a little corroded
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Do you already have another guitar? If you do, don't rush into buying a guitar. Plenty of deals will come your way if you wait a bit. Don't think that these two guitars are all you can buy. Look for others. You might score yourself a really nice guitar that you'll be happy with rather than choosing one of these and finding out that it's not what you wanted.

Also, try to play the guitar before you buy it.
The fusion is the better of the two. It has a 24.75 scale neck, ebony board, and a Jackson jt590 trem. The 590 is a rebranded Schaller, so it's pretty darn good.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Please, for the love of God, GO FOR THE PROFESSIONAL

Those guitars were hand-made in Japan between 1990-1995 and they are some of the BEST Jacksons you'll EVER play, if not THE best!

They play EXTREMELY well, they sound GREAT and their hardware is of EXTREMELY high quality, you're not going to come across one of the professional series everyday, so take your chance and buy the professional, it's old but its tone gets better as it gets older.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Please, for the love of God, GO FOR THE PROFESSIONAL

Those guitars were hand-made in Japan between 1990-1995 and they are some of the BEST Jacksons you'll EVER play, if not THE best!

They play EXTREMELY well, they sound GREAT and their hardware is of EXTREMELY high quality, you're not going to come across one of the professional series everyday, so take your chance and buy the professional, it's old but its tone gets better as it gets older.

They both are professionals, smartass...

I agree with mogar. Take the fusion
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by mogar
The fusion is the better of the two. It has a 24.75 scale neck, ebony board, and a Jackson jt590 trem. The 590 is a rebranded Schaller, so it's pretty darn good.

ok but what if the price goes too high? ill be left in no-nice-jackson-professional-made-in-the-90s land....

and well i cant try them, coz im not in the us... my cousin's comin here in a month or two... he'll be bringin it here for me...
Quote by jayeshrc
ok but what if the price goes too high? ill be left in no-nice-jackson-professional-made-in-the-90s land....

Than thats bad luck for you. If you want it, dont bid, just bid a minute befor it ends. You will pay the price that its worth, not more. Maybe less. Thats the good thing about ebay biddings.
It wouldnt surprise me if this one goes over 800$
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 6, 2008,
and well... my kramer's neck is fat.... its almost like a darn gibson or somethin... action's high too... and the floyd keeps puttin the 6th string outta tune ( for some odd damn reason....)
and what abt that last 1 or 2 frets that are lil obstructed due to the body on the fusion?? i mean all the wood and all is better, but thats pretty important too for me....
Quote by LP_CL
They both are professionals, smartass...

I agree with mogar. Take the fusion

He's talking about the fusion. The Fusions used to be called " Fusion Professionals ". The Dinky is newer.

Fusion 100%.

Quote by LP_CL
Than thats bad luck for you. If you want it, dont bid, just bid a minute befor it ends. You will pay the price that its worth, not more. Maybe less. Thats the good thing about ebay biddings.
It wouldnt surprise me if this one goes over 800$

I saw a Rhoads Pro go for like 2k the other day. I think that's ridiculously high but the Fusion won't stay at 300 very long.

Here's the Rhoads
http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-Jackson-Rhoads-Pro_W0QQitemZ290235849629QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by Seef at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by jayeshrc
and what abt that last 1 or 2 frets that are lil obstructed due to the body on the fusion?? i mean all the wood and all is better, but thats pretty important too for me....

The lower horn is contoured on the front to allow easy access to those frets.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

ya but 2k is WAY WAY WAY over my limit.... ill try for this... hopefully ill get get it cheap...
Quote by mogar
The lower horn is contoured on the front to allow easy access to those frets.

ok thx for the help... ill tell ya when i win the bid...
WAY too much for the Dinky Reverse. The Fusion on the other hand looks nice so far, but bidding has plenty of time to get crazy. The DR is worth maybe $250. I could see the Fusion going around $500 if people really get into the bidding. Personally, I think the Charvels are equal to the Jackson Pro's at the time. In general, the odd shaped Jackson Pros like Rhoads and the short scale Fusion series go for more than the rest, that can be had fairly cheap. The Charvel's you pay a little more for, but they are also more unique than the Jackson Pros
I'd go for the fusion, it kinda looks like my Jackson Professional I bought 14 years ago...anyways, it looks like he has removed the middle pickup and put on a cover...? I would question this.
sorry, just to add to this again. I still have my Jackson Professional and it is still an awesome unit. Great thin neck. Mine also has some of the discoloration on the hardware that you see in the EBay photos. its not really rust but just a discoloration, on mine anyways and this looks similar.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
I'd go for the fusion, it kinda looks like my Jackson Professional I bought 14 years ago...anyways, it looks like he has removed the middle pickup and put on a cover...? I would question this.

Good call! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Does give me an idea to clean up the looks of an Epiphone I have around though...
Something else i noticed...I don't see the wammy bar in any of the pics or the 2 hex keys in the holder behind the head. Neither are difficult to replace no doubt but I just thought I'd mention it.
^^^ hmmm. i did see the mid pup gone, but i dont REALLY use it anyways... its just like once in a blue moon... the trem missin is weird... should ask him abt it.. so i guess the max im payin for this should be 400? MAX 425 or so?

the cutaway still seems a bit restricting to me.....

is the pic showin? coz it suddenly stopped loadin up for me...
Last edited by jayeshrc at Jun 7, 2008,
Deanexplosion: Cant you go back where you came from?
Please?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
yea man... deans suck... and you're bloody jobless to come searchin for my threads and try (AND FAIL) to insult me.
hey over a day to go... and its already $475... leave it and get the dinky? (i managed to contact the guy with the dinky... he's selling for $300 with case and shippin... he sent me more pics of the guitar... ill put them here in a bit...)
dude that fusion is sexy as hell go for that
Guitars

Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty
ESP LTD EX-400 LH
Vintage?? LH

Amp

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-BK
i know..... but i dont think its worth spendin over $500 or so for it....
I'd personally still go with the fusion, but if it's out of your price range thats alright. The Dinky Reverse is still a very nice guitar and for 300 shipped+plus case it's a hell of a deal.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

For an old pro model, I'd probably wouldn't spend any more than $600 usd.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

$600 for one which has a missing mid pup, no trem (i think) and a small bit of corrosion? if im right it was $1295 new.... so 600, eh?
Last edited by jayeshrc at Jun 10, 2008,
ah my dad wasnt willin to spend over 500 (includin shippin).... so i couldnt do ****. damn. im now in the dreaded no-nice-jackson-professional land.
Not a huge fan of Jacksons, but I do like the Fusions... Very sweet guitar
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Page 1 of 2