Im looking for a guns and roses/slash sound. I currently have a fender solid state fm212r and an epiphone slash. I want to try and get as close as i can to the marshall distortion as i can without actually buying one.Any suggestions for a good pedal?
Slash
Support our troops
nope you've gotta have british voiced tube amp. you're not gonna get his sound without it.

what's your budget? i say get rid of the frontman and buy a blackheart little giant.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Ill buy what ever i have to i just really dont want to. But i guess thats what it looks like ill end up doing.
Slash
Support our troops
Sell the damn Fender and save up some cash. Find a used Laney AOR50 Pro Tube or Traynor YCV50 or maybe a Classic 30 if you can't save up enough for the Traynor/can't find a Laney. Look on ebay and craigslist. You should have tons of stuff around the chicago area on craigslist.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/708976891.html
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Jun 6, 2008,
yeah, the JCM 800 or 900 (I can't remember which he really used) was the core of that tone. Why do you want to duplicate it? it's his
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
JCM800 was NOT really the core of his tone, that's misunderstanding on UG. he uses them, yes, but mostly for his cleans. a few rhythms here and there.

if you're wanting his lead tone and 90% rhythm tone, get the Silver Jubilee marshall.....jk that's way expensive for you im sure.

either that or mod a Marshall Super Tremolo and then you have your Appetite for Destruction sound right there.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by mulefish
marshall make distortion pedals don't they?
never tried one though...

yes but they won't give you that tone without going through a british voiced tube amp.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
just to clear up about one of the marshall pedals, the guv'nor.

this pedal is very nice and crunchy and WILL get somewhat like a marshall, but still not all the way there. if you buy it you'll be wanting more still i can guarantee you that. so i say go for teh tubezzz.

no pedal will do what a full tube amp can! blackheart little giant FTW.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Traynor's replicate slash's sound very well.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by acdcrocks0323
At least aknowledge my post and that you considered my suggestions?

I seen it and considered it
I will look into the jubilee and JCM. I have no budget i will spend what i have to. Im still looking for my own sound but untill i find it i would like to get as close to the sound of the stuff we play(mostly Guns and roses). I am also looking into the mesa boogie.
How much can an eq pedal effect my sound, how is it different from controls on the amp.?
Slash
Support our troops
Does anyone have a marshall mg100fx
how is it comparable to a jcm sound
Slash
Support our troops
im going to guitar center today to try some stuff out, I think im going to get the mesa boogie though
Slash
Support our troops
yet you want Marshall distortion.. if you want a Slash/ Marshall sound you need a MARSHALL.. all this talk of them and then out of nowhere you're getting a mesa.