Hey guys and gals.
Just finished rebuilding my first strat, it was a westfield and I'd say its about 10yrs old by now, so as you can imagine it started to fall apart. As sentimental as I am I couldnt justify throwing it away so I turned it in to a project. Heres what I did.

- Refinished it in Ivory (off white). (Primer, Paint, Lacquer, T-cut, Wax, Autosol for chrome)
- Replaced all electronics, bought a white loaded fender pickguard (was a bargain) and put the white electronics against a black pickguard.
- New saddles (roller saddles)
- New nut
- Jar of elbow grease

This Is what it looked like before, this is an old pic, the green faded a lot with sun light.

And so to work

First attempt at refinishing went tits-up (part of the learning process I suppose) so I had to start again. Second attempt went without a hitch and I was more than pleased with the results. Next time I'll tape up neck pocket.

This is the finished product

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Might need a new neck though, I thought I could save it with a new nut (seemed to be the problem at first glance) but a lot of the frets have wear and the necks really bent, not worth repairing, might as well just buy one new. I have it set up so that its playable at the moment, and it sounds pretty good for a project guitar.

Thanks for checking it out.
sir, you truly are a master! i admire you

EDIT: i love the last photo
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Wow!

Niice!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Brilliant.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Wow that's great! I saw the first pic and I was thinking "hmmmmm" then I saw it was the before picture. Dude your finished guitar is great! Looks like the finish really turnd out nice.
Thanks for the complements guys, glad you like it.

I think the first song I played was heartbreaker.

I quite like the second to last picture, it looks like its modeling a coffee table in an Ikea catalogue. "Scandanavian Pine Oval Coffee Table (Stratocaster not included)"
that sir is a cool guitar.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
in fact sir, that looks so good I have decided to put a black pickguard on my white stratocaster
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Damn, that looks sexy! I'm doing the same thing with my old Morgan guitar
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
That's a cracking job you've done there! I like the original finish, but I wouldn't complain with the outcome. Looks nice and clean. Have you thought of doing the headstock the same off-white colour, maybe even the back of the neck too? Depends I suppose if you do just get that new neck instead. Keep us updated on the neck situation! Lovely effort!

Did you sand back the original finish first, or just slap on the primer?

Cheers!
that is amazing! love the new color
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by strawforest007
That's a cracking job you've done there! I like the original finish, but I wouldn't complain with the outcome. Looks nice and clean. Have you thought of doing the headstock the same off-white colour, maybe even the back of the neck too? Depends I suppose if you do just get that new neck instead. Keep us updated on the neck situation! Lovely effort!

Did you sand back the original finish first, or just slap on the primer?

Cheers!

I was was actually thinking of giving it a black head stock, but now I think I'm just going to leave it natural. I didnt sand it right down, I just sanded it enough for the primer to stick. I was really pleased with the colour but such a pain to keep clean in the workshop.

in fact sir, that looks so good I have decided to put a black pickguard on my white stratocaster

Go for it man, its all about the contrast.
multi-ply red tortoise would be sweet on there. r/b/w/b for instance.

very nice though.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Nice!!

It's like, very orgasmic.

*grabs tissues*

How's it sound?
Cam Sampbell's my hero