hey guys wanted to share my day with you all, so i went to my local guitar luthier today to see if i could get my guitar sorted out and he was a really nice guy, proper friendly and and jus a proper cool guy. He gave me 50% off for being a student which means he is going to give me a full set up + strings, plus leveling the frets and making me a new nut (basically going to make my guitar play great) for just £50. Then once i told him i was into metal he gave me a seymour duncan invader for the bridge for just £30 with install. Pretty good deal dont you think? what a nice guy
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
****in' a rights!!!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
thanks, i really do. Me and my friend who drove me there spoke with him for over an hour he was really cool, he has seen the beatles live when he was 9 and he used to teach at my uni. He had some really nice custom made guitars as well. Cant wait to get the guitar back and see how how it plays.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Thats very good

I wish all guitar techs were like that
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Sounds like Quid Pro Quo to me - I bet he'll ask you to whack his wife when you get the guitar back.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Sounds like Quid Pro Quo to me - I bet he'll ask you to whack his wife when you get the guitar back.

lol what? if he offered me his guitar collection then i might do :P
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
lol what? if he offered me his guitar collection then i might do :P

Fogedaboutdit!

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
well seeing as i will now have an invader in the bridge, does anyone have any suggestions as to what might compliment it in the neck?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
well seeing as i will now have an invader in the bridge, does anyone have any suggestions as to what might compliment it in the neck?

What are you going to be using it for? What tones are you going for? High/low output?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
well i like heavy metal and hard rock, but would also like a bit of versatility
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
well i like heavy metal and hard rock, but would also like a bit of versatility

There's probably a million metal bands out there along a few million more hard rock bands and everyone of them has a different tone. Are you looking for a pickup with a lot of high end? Mid-range? Low-end? High output? A muddy tone? Do you want to coil-split it for the single-coil twang?

We cannot suggest pickups based on our desired tone, as it's probably not yours. All we can do is try to match a good quality pickup in your price range with the tone/output you're looking for.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Cool, buy the man a beer.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
He wants your body.
Greatest deal ever.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
If there only was people like that here.

Meh, im just happy for ye.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by lwayneio
hey guys wanted to share my day with you all, so i went to my local guitar luthier today to see if i could get my guitar sorted out and he was a really nice guy, proper friendly and and jus a proper cool guy. He gave me 50% off for being a student which means he is going to give me a full set up + strings, plus leveling the frets and making me a new nut (basically going to make my guitar play great) for just £50.

LOL I don't know mate. I had my axe set up at my local shop a few weeks ago and it cost me £50. Could be he was just yanking you, that doesn't seem to be much of a discount to m (Depends where you are I guess)
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I want ur town, and the store... need a new guitar...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Highbinder
LOL I don't know mate. I had my axe set up at my local shop a few weeks ago and it cost me £50. Could be he was just yanking you, that doesn't seem to be much of a discount to m (Depends where you are I guess)

Dude at gc, it would have cost him atleast 200£ just for the pickups with setup.

Lucky we don't live in the US eh.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Highbinder

There's a vast difference between a crappy shop set-up, and a professional luthier set-up. At a shop, you're lucky if they do the intonation. A professional luthier re-dresses the frets etc. Way above what any shop can offer you.
Quote by Martin Scott
There's a vast difference between a crappy shop set-up, and a professional luthier set-up. At a shop, you're lucky if they do the intonation. A professional luthier re-dresses the frets etc. Way above what any shop can offer you.

yeh exactly this guy is a pro luthier so i know that the service is going to be great. i took my guitar to the shop not long ago for a set up which cost me £30 and it was crap, they basically just changed the strings (which the luthier told me were put on wrong anyway lol). For £80 this guy is making me a new nut, dressing the frets, adjusting the truss rod, action, inotation, and just making the whole thing play nice, plus throwing in a seymour duncan invader pup, not to mention he basically gave me an hours consultation lol. i think its a bargain compared to the shop charging me £30 to change strings badly.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube