i'm on the hunt for a fathers day present... my dad played guitar for a little while and stopped because the rest of my family got pissed because he sounded pretty bad (he was learning) and his acoustic was too loud.
so is there some accessory for making an acoustic quieter? something you can stick in the sound hole? i think that might get him back into it.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Wow your family sounds impatient. Just teach him to play quieter or ask him to play quieter, it's not that hard.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Wow your family sounds impatient. Just teach him to play quieter or ask him to play quieter, it's not that hard.

haha my family's impatient because everyone else was raised on music at a young age. my little brother was playing classical stuff on piano in like elementary school, i picked up guitar pretty fast, and my mom played a bunch of instruments. hearing loud dead chords out of an acoustic is a little too much for them i guess lol. well if thats the only thing to do, whats some stuff i could get him for fathers day to motivate him to play again? like accessories and stuff
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
If he liked country style stuff, buy him a slide and a learn how to play slide guitar booklet.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks